Flames Prospect Ranking #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree with Scorp. I would debate, but it will be an endless cycle.

It will be interesting what prospects do or do not pan out in a few seasons.

It's always funny with prospects. Every year the cupbard gets restocked, every year we lose someone that a couple years previously everyone had high hopes for it. It's the name of the game.

Out of the prospects I look at now, we have a fair share that have a shot at the NHL. Guys like Klimchuk, Jankowski and Sieloff have A LOT to prove this year. There's a chance Poirier will make the NHL jump, meanwhile Klimmer played with kids the extra year, and really has to show more than he did in junior at the NHL level. He'd be the last of the three top picks to make a dent.

Janko and Sieloff are guys that have had some time to develop; and none have really shown the pedigree as to garner where they were selected. Janko has to prove he's a first round talent and put some work into making a name for himself in the NCAA. Sieloff has to show he still has potential. I mean, the guy was used as a forward last year when Addy was getting torn apart by call-ups and injuries. He's starting to get buried fast in the depth; I don't know if he's even a top 20 prospect at this point.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's always funny with prospects. Every year the cupbard gets restocked, every year we lose someone that a couple years previously everyone had high hopes for it. It's the name of the game.

Out of the prospects I look at now, we have a fair share that have a shot at the NHL. Guys like Klimchuk, Jankowski and Sieloff have A LOT to prove this year. There's a chance Poirier will make the NHL jump, meanwhile Klimmer played with kids the extra year, and really has to show more than he did in junior at the NHL level. He'd be the last of the three top picks to make a dent.

Janko and Sieloff are guys that have had some time to develop; and none have really shown the pedigree as to garner where they were selected. Janko has to prove he's a first round talent and put some work into making a name for himself in the NCAA. Sieloff has to show he still has potential. I mean, the guy was used as a forward last year when Addy was getting torn apart by call-ups and injuries. He's starting to get buried fast in the depth; I don't know if he's even a top 20 prospect at this point.

Pretty sure Janko showed his pedigree when he was the best player at dev camp. That's basically right on schedule for a first-round pick tabbed to be a late bloomer. The camp involved other first round picks from similar spots in the first round, so there's an easy comparison.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pretty sure Janko showed his pedigree when he was the best player at dev camp. That's basically right on schedule for a first-round pick tabbed to be a late bloomer. The camp involved other first round picks from similar spots in the first round, so there's an easy comparison.
I'd also all that he was also named to the frozen 4 all-star squad. And klimchuk didn't "play an extra year with the kids" as that poster claims, he wasn't allowed to play in the AHL and I am truly sick of some posters trying to use that as a negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad