GDT: Flames @ Preds | 4/26/2022 | Get Your S**t together Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Someone (Scoresberg?) was talking yesterday about the Herd losing steam and effect as the season has worn on. I was going to suggest an Olivier call-up to change it up and spark them again. Looks like I got my wish!!

And allows Jeannot to go to the 2nd line where he's had a little chemistry with Johansen at times. Could be a great little move.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Magic number is 2. Any combo of Preds pts wins and/or Vegas points losses.
Not exactly- we can get two points and still not make it.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but:

If Vegas wins out and all 3 wins are in regulation

And the Preds get 2 points the rest of the way, WITHOUT a regulation win

If that happens, we finish tied with Vegas and they win the tie breaker (regulation wins)

One regulation win removes all doubt- please lets get that done tonight......

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Well, tonight is THE Night. If we win in regulation, WE'RE IN.

Gotta be honest. The NHL must have tweaked the tiebreakers when I wasn't looking. I thought ROW was the first one, but it's RW, followed by ROW. Makes tonight not as cut and dry as Win-and-we're-in. If we win in Overtime or the SO, and Vegas wins in regulation, even though the MAGIC NUMBER is 0, it's actually 0.5. Vegas could win their last 2 in regulation and we lose our last 2 in regulation, leaving us tied at 96 points, but Vegas would have one more RW than us.

Makes our rooting interest in the Stars-Knights game complicated. We start 30 minutes before their game. If we're winning, you could make the case we want Vegas to beat the Stars, allowing us to open a 3 point lead on them and dropping our MAGIC NUMBER with them to 1. However, a Vegas RW, even if we win but not in regulation, leaves them alive, forcing us to either find another point in the last 2 games or needing Vegas to not win the last 2 in regulation.

Keeping it simple and rooting for the Stars eliminates Vegas but makes it less likely we get WC1.

Here's the schedules and predictions for the teams in the hunt against us. 1 of the 4 will not make it.

I'm predicting P3 = Kings, WC1 = Stars, and WC2 = Preds. Vegas goes to the Craps Table.

STARS: 44 – 30 – 5 93 Games Left - 3 RW-30 ROW - 40

Vegas - home. Win.
Yotes - home. Win
Ducks - home. Win

3 - 0 - 0 6 points. 99 points overall.

PREDS: 44 – 29 – 6 94 Games Left – 3 RW-35 ROW - 41

Flames – home. Loss
Avs - away - Loss
Yotes - away - Win

1 - 2 - 0 2 points. 96 points overall.

KNIGHTS: 42 – 31 – 6 90 Games Left – 3 RW-33 ROW - 38

Stars - away. Loss
Hawks - away. Win
Blues - away. Loss

1 - 2 - 0 2 points. 92 points overall.

KINGS: 43 – 27 – 10 96 Games Left – 2 RW-34 ROW – 39

Kracken – away. Win
Canucks – away. Loss

1 – 1 – 0 2 points. 98 points overall.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well, tonight is THE Night. If we win in regulation, WE'RE IN.

Gotta be honest. The NHL must have tweaked the tiebreakers when I wasn't looking. I thought ROW was the first one, but it's RW, followed by ROW. Makes tonight not as cut and dry as Win-and-we're-in. If we win in Overtime or the SO, and Vegas wins in regulation, even though the MAGIC NUMBER is 0, it's actually 0.5. Vegas could win their last 2 in regulation and we lose our last 2 in regulation, leaving us tied at 96 points, but Vegas would have one more RW than us.

Makes our rooting interest in the Stars-Knights game complicated. We start 30 minutes before their game. If we're winning, you could make the case we want Vegas to beat the Stars, allowing us to open a 3 point lead on them and dropping our MAGIC NUMBER with them to 1. However, a Vegas RW, even if we win but not in regulation, leaves them alive, forcing us to either find another point in the last 2 games or needing Vegas to not win the last 2 in regulation.

Keeping it simple and rooting for the Stars eliminates Vegas but makes it less likely we get WC1.

Here's the schedules and predictions for the teams in the hunt against us. 1 of the 4 will not make it.

I'm predicting P3 = Kings, WC1 = Stars, and WC2 = Preds. Vegas goes to the Craps Table.

STARS: 44 – 30 – 5 93 Games Left - 3 RW-30 ROW - 40

Vegas - home. Win.
Yotes - home. Win
Ducks - home. Win

3 - 0 - 0 6 points. 99 points overall.

PREDS: 44 – 29 – 6 94 Games Left – 3 RW-35 ROW - 41

Flames – home. Loss
Avs - away - Loss
Yotes - away - Win

1 - 2 - 0 2 points. 96 points overall.

KNIGHTS: 42 – 31 – 6 90 Games Left – 3 RW-33 ROW - 38

Stars - away. Loss
Hawks - away. Win
Blues - away. Loss

1 - 2 - 0 2 points. 92 points overall.

KINGS: 43 – 27 – 10 96 Games Left – 2 RW-34 ROW – 39

Kracken – away. Win
Canucks – away. Loss

1 – 1 – 0 2 points. 98 points overall.

As you predicted, if the Stars win tonight they are almost certainly going to finish 3-0 (I know, I know, nothing is certain). Meaning for us to get WC1 we would have to go at least 2-0-1

Perfect night for me is a regulation Preds win tonight and a Stars regulation loss

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
As you predicted, if the Stars win tonight they are almost certainly going to finish 3-0 (I know, I know, nothing is certain). Meaning for us to get WC1 we would have to go at least 2-0-1

Perfect night for me is a regulation Preds win tonight and a Stars regulation loss
As long as Vegas misses playoffs, Dallas can lose tonight

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Someone (Scoresberg?) was talking yesterday about the Herd losing steam and effect as the season has worn on. I was going to suggest an Olivier call-up to change it up and spark them again. Looks like I got my wish!!

And allows Jeannot to go to the 2nd line where he's had a little chemistry with Johansen at times. Could be a great little move.
It's not quite "losing steam" from the Herd Line... they are still hitting like crazy. Statistically. But it seems like they have lost something. Like the hitting started becoming hitting-for-hittings-sake and distracting from playing good aggressive hockey and having the hitting just be a natural byproduct of that. :dunno:

It seemed like there was something "off" with Olivier for much of the year. Maybe he has gotten his mojo back too and has been playing a little better in Milwaukee lately? He may just have been a little down-in-the-dumps from not being on the big team. But for sure he was the first spark to the Original Herd, so it's worth a try to see if he can rekindle that while Jeannot gets a bigger role. I just hope he doesn't get lassoed instead into the whole hitting-for-hitting and toughness-for-toughness-sake mentality that seems to have distracted the others. He might be susceptible to that a bit? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad