GDT: Flames @ Panthers in a Saturday matinee (2 p.m. MT/Sportsnet)

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Think Steinberg mentioned we need to hit something like 14-5-1 if we want to stand a chance... Tough but possible.

If we can secure a point today, I would be pleased plus a goal on a PP from Miro.

Let's go

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

NSFW - language

Ha ha ha agreed! I have not seen this one. Any good? Acting wise, some big shots there!

Anyone have the lineup ?
Hey mate, not official but could be close to this:

Reactions: GoodNewfieBoy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Push for playoffs starts. Trade deadline is over, and just like previous years, Flames added some depth Dmen for the push, but didn't do much else.
Remains to be seen if the results are different this time

Oh, and the game is on basic cable here, do need to use random streams this time.
I don't think the depth defensemen were for a playoff push. I think it's because we see potential in them becoming more.

As @Fig has mentioned with his "buddy system" theory, they seem to be balancing the number of offensive defensemen with defensive ones.

Kylington/Pachal
Okhotyuk/Miromanov
Grushnikov/Brzustewicz
Poirier/Solovyov
Morin/Kuznetsov

Although Jurmo & Boltmann are defensive types too, but they may not get contract offers.

Reactions: Fig and Boomstick

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
A certain amount of sarcasm, with a reference to previous GM, was included in that message.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I expect a total shit flinging f*** fest of a hockey game. Panthers are a ratty team. With all the new guys a spicy fight filled afternoon could be good for team unity.

Wonder how much money Hubes has on the board for this one. Would love to see him stick it to em again in their rink.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Less than 2 hours till puck drop, and still no expected line ups.
I don't think we usually get them for afternoon games.

We only have 12 active forwards, so we know who they will be, so teh only question is defense. Okhotyuk I don't think has joined the team yet, but it looks like Miromanov could step in as he was paired with Kylington in practice yesterday, and based on recent play I'd guess Pachal and Hanley will be teh 3rd pair.

Reactions: Boomstick and Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I don't think we usually get them for afternoon games.

We only have 12 active forwards, so we know who they will be, so teh only question is defense. Okhotyuk I don't think has joined the team yet, but it looks like Miromanov could step in as he was paired with Kylington in practice yesterday, and based on recent play I'd guess Pachal and Hanley will be teh 3rd pair.
I have watched so few games this season, so I have no idea what to expect, with all the trades to add to that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@crazyfisherman where did yu hear Conroy say we papered Coronato and Pelletier to the Wranglers? I'm not doubting you, just surprised that it's not showing on the AHL transactions page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad