Flames/Jets Heritage Classic jerseys leaked to Icethetics

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
tenor.gif

Reactions: Duke749

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That's Jets jersey is a mashup of their WHA and 1st NHL jerseys. It has the patch of the NHL jersey and the stripping of the WHA jersey:

1974-75_Perry_Miller_Jets_1_grande.jpg

VINTAGE-1980s-Maska-CCM-WINNIPEG-JETS-HOCKEY-JERSEY.jpg

Both jerseys are very simple and nice though....a huge step up from the McDonalds jersey the Flames wore last time.

The new Jets jersey is also the alternate version of their previous Winter Classic jersey. Pretty cool for fans to be able to get both now:

JK1_5920_slide.jpg

Reactions: DaveG

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Both of those jerseys are simply gorgeous.

More jerseys like this, NHL. It'd be so damn easy for Calgary to jump from a bottom 5/10 jersey set to a top 5 set in my eyes. Winnipeg's is sharp as hell, too.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I love any flames jersey that doesn’t feature the color black. Jets one is okay, red white and blue is tiring.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Maybe this gets the ball rolling on having the white as their primary road? Hopefully.

That's been the rumour. One of the Flames' marketing people tweeted that it's a "strong possibility" that it happens for the 2020/21 season

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wish both these teams would use their retro schemes as their main home and away jerseys.

Almost all teams should use their retro schemes as their main ones. The schemes from yesteryear combined with the improved fabrics available today make for some amazing color schemes. Off the top of my head I would love to see the Caps, Flames, Jets, Coyotes, Sabres, Ducks, and Sharks should all go back to their older designs. The Pens old school jerseys they currently wear are terrific. I'd also love to see the Kings go back to the Purple scheme and the Devils go back to Green/Red.

For my taste most of the current designs are garbage. Terrible piping, weird color schemes, bland logos... bring back the classics.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
This is someone’s best guess/mock up of the jerseys is it not?
Correct. But for the Flames one at least, it's based on similar leaks and tweets from their marketing director. It's been known in Calgary that it's going to be the white retro for the Heritage Classic next year for a while, with the rumour being it made permanent the year after

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad