Flames/Jets Heritage Classic jerseys leaked to Icethetics

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Almost all teams should use their retro schemes as their main ones. The schemes from yesteryear combined with the improved fabrics available today make for some amazing color schemes. Off the top of my head I would love to see the Caps, Flames, Jets, Coyotes, Sabres, Ducks, and Sharks should all go back to their older designs. The Pens old school jerseys they currently wear are terrific. I'd also love to see the Kings go back to the Purple scheme and the Devils go back to Green/Red.

For my taste most of the current designs are garbage. Terrible piping, weird color schemes, bland logos... bring back the classics.

They also need to:

1. Get rid of pipping.

2. Get rid of weird collars.

3. Bring back more colour variation. Get rid of all the unneccessary black.

4. Bring back the horizontal striping on the arms and the bottoms of jerseys.

That late 90s/early 2000s design with the lack of colour, excessive use of black/red, lack of stripes at the bottom, vertical striping/piping along the sides, etc.. just looks so aesthetically displeasing. It makes the jerseys look like practice jerseys.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Flames have had bad jerseys since 94, a great logo with striping and piping that they can never get right. The Jets with modern colours just look like a Rangers farm club, the Selanne era had a deep royal that looked purplish at times. NHL just gives everyone the same shade of blue now though for some reason.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Wish this was the Jets current 3rd jersey over that gods awful blue thing they just came out with.
Actually, the look I’d like to see is...
D4DA9ACD-9FDC-4974-BCA5-50D7ACA8288E.jpeg

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wish this was the Jets current 3rd jersey over that gods awful blue thing they just came out with.
thumb.aspx

This definitely has to be one of the least inspired jerseys ever created. It's a team with some great classic logos, a fighter plane in its logo, and a "J" that looks like a hockey stick. Surely, they could have come up with something better than just writing "Jets" on the front.

I don't mind the colour of the jersey itself, but the lack of a highlighting/contrasting colour just makes it seem even blander. Overall, the Jets' jerseys are just so much better when they have the red contrasting their blue.

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
thumb.aspx

This definitely has to be one of the least inspired jerseys ever created. It's a team with some great classic logos, a fighter plane in its logo, and a "J" that looks like a hockey stick. Surely, they could have come up with something better than just writing "Jets" on the front.

I don't mind the colour of the jersey itself, but the lack of a highlighting/contrasting colour just makes it seem even blander. Overall, the Jets' jerseys are just so much better when they have the red contrasting their blue.
I hate these jerseys.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
If this is how it ends up it's very sexy.

Minor nitpick, I'd love to see the Calgary Jersey alternate letter be the old Atlanta Flames logo like they did years ago. It was very cool and a nice nod to their past

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Jets one is too Blue Jackets/ Liberty NYR. But those Flames ones are beauts, they need to go back to the full 80s setup fulltime

Jon Bonham

Jun 24, 2019
Sigh, blinded by nostalgia as always.

The Jets logo is atrocious. Always is. Always was. Breaks pretty much every rule of likability, visually.

Reactions: HisIceness

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Oh man! Two of my all time favorite jerseys on ice at the same time :DD

I can't wait for the Flames to make the full time switch to those away jerseys...Beautiful!!!
That Jets jersey is magnificent, but it is an "original". The white logo is taken from the 1979/80 to 1989/90 Jets. The rest of the jersey is from the WHA Jets. However, the combination of the two is pure classic.

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017
Meh. The Calgary one is good, but I've never been a fan of red and yellow together. Just me though. The Jets' is nice, but the crest is kind of a train wreck IMHO. The wordmark itself is great, but the placement of the red circle with the jet looks like the designer said "oh, white space!" and "Winnipeg" looks like someone got carried away trying to be a designer while using "word art" in powerpoint or something. Love the stripes though.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The following will always be my favorite version of Winnipeg Jets jerseys. They are from the mid 70s (note: the ones shown below are game worn Bobby Hull jerseys so they are somewhat marked up with a little discoloration). I always liked the clean look to them and they represent one of the best eras of hockey in Winnipeg when the Jets were a dominant team in the WHA. I also liked the blue, red and white color scheme (which also differs enough from the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets). The Heritage Classic jerseys worn by the current edition of the Winnipeg Jets is based on the white jersey from that era.

a059b3e5e11f447a.jpg
29b796682f83bc27.jpg

In the final year of the WHA (1978-79), the Jets made a slight alteration to the logo by changing the color of the jet in the red circle from blue to white. Note: the white shoulder yokes were added to the blue jerseys for the last 2 seasons in the WHA.

6706_1978_79_lyle_mof.jpg

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Just take my money already.

Both are awsome. Idk why but the flames one is like the hot chick coming in the bar and you can smell her perfume and just every single guy jaw dropped.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
No doubt it will be the best looking outdoor game in a long time. It's too bad they aren't both wearing coloured jerseys like Detroit and Toronto years ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad