Confirmed with Link: Flames invite Brayden Burke to Camp

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Plays a very similar game than that of Mangipane. Very smart passer with very good offensive instincts, I really like this move. Like Mangipane the real question will be whether this kid can get the physical tools up to par with the mental tools.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Plays a very similar game than that of Mangipane. Very smart passer with very good offensive instincts, I really like this move. Like Mangipane the real question will be whether this kid can get the physical tools up to par with the mental tools.

Not gonna pretend I've seen him play much but looking at his stats page, doesn't seem to be much of a goal scorer. Assist numbers look very nice (48 primary assists/34 secondary assists)but only notched 27 goals in 72 games as 18/19YO

For comparision, 18YO Mangiapane had 43 goals in 68 games and 19YO mangiapane had 51 goals in 59 games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm curious on Method Man's opinion. This kid calls Lethbridge home in the article after all :P
He's from Edmonton, so even Lethbridge is a better place to call home. :sarcasm:

The one thing that stands out IMO is 40 of his points were on the PP, he also said himself in a Guy Flaming interview that he is "not the fastest skater".

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He's from Edmonton, so even Lethbridge is a better place to call home. :sarcasm:

The one thing that stands out IMO is 40 of his points were on the PP, he also said himself in a Guy Flaming interview that he is "not the fastest skater".

True, and that's probably a part of why he wasn't drafted.

Still doesn't hurt to have him come to camp, and if he's got decent chops sign him. Can you sign a player to an AHL deal if he's going to play in junior that season? Or would we pretty much have to do an NHL deal?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
True, and that's probably a part of why he wasn't drafted.

Still doesn't hurt to have him come to camp, and if he's got decent chops sign him. Can you sign a player to an AHL deal if he's going to play in junior that season? Or would we pretty much have to do an NHL deal?
I'm not 100% sure he is allowed to sign. I know you can sign undrafted 18 year olds if you invite them to camp, but am unsire if a 19 year old can. If he can be signed though it would have to be an ELC. Unless he was 1 day older :laugh:

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I was wondering why no one took a chance on this guy but then see his skating is an issue. At least skating can be worked on. Skill can't be taught. The flames can use some more skill in the system. Hopefully it works out for him.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007

I had to click that link to see if that name was made up or not.

I am surprise

maxresdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad