Pre-Game Talk: Flames in SENS DEN tonight, 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sorry on my phone no link. I’m pretty sure it was actually during the intermission of one of our games after the deadline.

I remember hearing that as well.

In that interview he also said they were really torn on what to do with Hoffman.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Do you have a link? Never heard that at all. Would be very disappointing and another major **** up for Dorion.

I would be majorly pissed as well. If Dorion has any sense at all he sees what we're seeing and knows that unloading him onto another team, even if it's for peanuts, is the best thing he can do.

But yeah, the more he plays this season the more obvious it is we'll get stuck with yet another overpaid, declining player.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Do you have a link? Never heard that at all. Would be very disappointing and another major **** up for Dorion.

How would it be a major f*** up? If that is true, I missed it but makes me think a team was interested but were able to reach a deal on a player they coveted more.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Wonder why Dorion didn't pull the trigger on a trade? Now he's gonna finish out the season playing centre, where he will probably further tank his value lol

Based off what Garrioch said during an intermission after the deadline, a Smith trade was close to happening.

But it seems to me that Dorion was in no rush to make a bunch of moves as maybe TSN and Sportsnet were suggesting. He was gauging the interest level in his players from other teams, and may circle back in the offseason. If Smith's value gets killed so badly in the last 20 games of this year, I'd be surprised. If Dorion got what he considered was a very good offer, he took it [Brassard] but otherwise there was no need to rush to trade the likes of Hoffman, Smith and certainly Karlsson when they all have term left on their deals.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Unfortunately stuck watching the Flames broadcast for this one. Funny to see TSN brush off the story but SN to laugh at it. Marek as he laughs "Frsoty, Karlsson amuses himself by looking at his fingers"

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If they want to move Smith there will be suitors in the summer

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Unfortunately stuck watching the Flames broadcast for this one. Funny to see TSN brush off the story but SN to laugh at it. Marek as he laughs "Frsoty, Karlsson amuses himself by looking at his fingers"

SN panel is the tv equivalent of the Twitter peanut gallery, especially when it comes to the Sens.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dougie Hamilton is good. Which is weird because some around here told me ceci was better

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
he didnt know he had it, riight. If he was unsure where it was i doubt he would've been lying there covering up the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad