animated_four.gif
animated_four.gif
animated_four.gif
animated_four.gif

Four goals against

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Everyone's sleeping. No ****ing effort trying to win a puck battle all game. We can't even give in a good effort when the goalie's playing on his head.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
wow reading over the thread it sounds like it was our usual defensive collapses that cost us again? combined with our lack of finish as well.

We just need a shake-up. Whether it's signing a grizzled vet(NOT RICHARDS) or making a minor major trade, or just scratching some of our 'go to' guys like Johnny, Huds, etc. Something has to be done. I prefer option C TBH.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hudler needs to sit. Just lazy these days. You take out two minutes in this game and Calgary wins. It's crazy. When Chicago was on, there was no stopping them though. All kinds of skill and determination, Calgary couldn't keep up. I'm really not sure where Calgary goes from here. The defence is signed long term, and those who aren't shouldn't probably stay with the team... The forward group is pretty 'meh' outside of 5 players (13,23,67,93,19)... That's a whole lot of changes that need to happen.

Have to keep this all in perspective though. Chicago was horrible for a decade. Calgary went through two down seasons only before a turn around... There was bound to be more growing pains. It took a first overall, a third overall, signing one of the best players to ever hit FA and a bunch of player development to get Chicago to a dynasty. It'll take some more effort from Calgary.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Team is too slow imo.

Stajan, Jones, Mony, Wideman, Engelland, Hudler all look like they're skating in quicksand...

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Trade Jones... he only scores when we lose....

But seriously though something needs to happen, aside from a handful of players during the games I'd say most the team have not earned their spot this season.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
. You take out two minutes in this game and Calgary wins.

THat's a pretty senseless statement, as it implies Calgary was somehow in this game.

You can't simply "take out 2 minutes" and suggest the game would have gone on the exact same way without that 2 minute segment.

Down 1-0, Chicago would have pressed and the third period would have been different. Up 3-1, Chicago was content to throw the puck out and let Calgary play around the perimeter.

This was likely closer to a 7-1 game than Calgary being in it. That's how badly they were outplayed.

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
I'm ready to call this season. It is looking more and more like last year was an aberration. This is probably where they should be in our development. This actually will be good for the team long term though imo. I'm looking forward to the trade deadline now, instead of resigning Hudler and Russell they should fetch good pieces in trades. Gonna start looking at prospects now! :popcorn:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
THat's a pretty senseless statement, as it implies Calgary was somehow in this game.

You can't simply "take out 2 minutes" and suggest the game would have gone on the exact same way without that 2 minute segment.

Well, not really. The fact is the team lost this game because they couldn't manage the tide for a very short period of time. Clearly they were dominated this game, but it's not like Chicago was just grade A chance over and over. The fact they scored and it opened the floodgates like that is indicative of this team in general. Not a lot of confidence at all.

The first goal where Kane makes Engelland look like the bottom pairing Dman he is; is not something you can really stop. They had their best players against our worst Dmen. But the Hossa shot from the blueline was something save-able, and then they just continued to bleed and not be able to hold onto the puck at all until it was 3-1 in under 2 minutes :laugh:

It has to be noted this is how the Flames tend to lose, there are very few games we lose that 'we're in' this season. It follows the same story each time, Team lets in a stinker, and confidence goes down to 0; let in 1-3 more goals.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Hudler needs to sit in the press box for a game as he is hot garbage. Regular season Ferland is also garbage compared to playoff Ferland.

I could go on about many others but I'll stop at those two.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hudler needs to sit in the press box for a game as he is hot garbage. Regular season Ferland is also garbage compared to playoff Ferland.

I could go on about many others but I'll stop at those two.

Regular season Ferland is buried on the 4th line. Tough to compare that with 16+ minute a game ferland on the primary checking line.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ferland has been far from bad since coming back. He hasn't been great either, but what can you expect playing about 8 min a game. IMO, he's been par for the course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad