Speculation: Flames going to make a pitch for Danny DeKeyser

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
Pipe dream. Nice of him to agree to a meeting though.

Agreed
Not really sure what we have to offer him compared to playing for his home team in Detroit or accepting a personal offer from a hockey legend in Tampa.
But nice that he is hearing us out indeed.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
A chance to develop with a bunch of other NCAA prospects? That could be the pitch. We have Arnold, Gaudreau, Gilles, Jankowski, Agostino, Hanowski, Larson, Deblouw, Ramage. We probably have more college prospects than any other team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
A chance to develop with a bunch of other NCAA prospects? That could be the pitch. We have Arnold, Gaudreau, Gilles, Jankowski, Agostino, Hanowski, Larson, Deblouw, Ramage. We probably have more college prospects than any other team.

Thats not a bad angle.

All evidence points to him being a huge Detroit fan, and already tight-knit with the organization.

Would be a nice pick-me-up after watching our Captain walk out the door though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kind of a pipe dream probably.
Little to no chance he signs in Calgary. The only pitch we could give him, is that he'll be playing in the NHL in a top four role by next week lol.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary

That would be the best pitch yeah.
And wow we love some college hockey all off a sudden.
I still don't think it matches Daryl Sutter's love for WHL players when he was here but the current management team sure is trying.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It would be a bright stop in a dark world for Flames fans...

If Feaster can pull this off, and land a solid return for JayBow, people might start liking him again... I really do believe his hands were completely tied with the Iggy trade... Can't get to much value when your player really wants 1 team.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
Fresh off Iginla trade, Feaster and the Flames off to Toronto to pitch Danny DeKeyser

Pat Steinberg
@Fan960Steinberg
Can confirm the #Flames are meeting with college free agent Danny Dekayser today

since Feb teams have been chasing him--If I was DD my first question is why didn't you guys get in earlier in the conversation

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Kind of a pipe dream probably.
Little to no chance he signs in Calgary. The only pitch we could give him, is that he'll be playing in the NHL in a top four role by next week lol.
That might be worth more than most think. Everyone's saying Detroit, but they're not exactly an organization known for giving prospects a good chance to shine lately. There's obviously at least a sliver of mutual interest since they agreed to a meeting.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It would be a bright stop in a dark world for Flames fans...

If Feaster can pull this off, and land a solid return for JayBow, people might start liking him again... I really do believe his hands were completely tied with the Iggy trade... Can't get to much value when your player really wants 1 team.

You're right that he didn't have a lot of options but its obvious his plan backfired on him when Iginla didn't want to waive to Boston and he was forced to go hat in hand to Pitt and send him there..

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
We'd probably offer him the most playing time out of any other team given the current situation. At least we have that going for us.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
since Feb teams have been chasing him--If I was DD my first question is why didn't you guys get in earlier in the conversation

Fair question. I'm assuming they will say trade the face of the franchise was time demanding/exhausting. (I still think they should have had other reps in on this earlier.... Conroy for example.)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We'd probably offer him the most playing time out of any other team given the current situation. At least we have that going for us.

That's actually big for NCAA and European guys. The only way they get those bonuses is to play.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
If he signs with us he can have my sister!!

Not likely although he would get ice time here, but even at that there are probably better teams where he could crack the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00