GDT: Flames @ cOilers (Sunday 7pm MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Thought I’d get a thread going.

The Pretenders, lead by Johnny Hobbit, Ratchuck aka Turtleboy and Erik Karlsson 2.0 are heading up to the dump on Sunday to overachieve and build on their in sustainability.

As per the coil fans, we’re in for a beating :help:

Hopefully refs can give us 20 power plays like we usually get.

*lines ups TBA*

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Big win for Calgary but Oiler fans will blame, as usual, their loss on phantom penalty calls against them and a plethora of missed calls for them.

Reactions: SullivanT

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I’m not sure what to do with my hands.

I’d love a win tomorrow. Battle of Alberta. Get a better grip on top spot in the West/Pacific. I have a sneaky suspicion that things won’t go as well for us tomorrow though. McDavid is going to be energized and we lack Gio and Backlund. The Oilers haven’t been half bad lately either. It’s gonna be an interesting game.

I hope the Flames are up for it. Rittich should start, I just hope he isn’t getting cold on the bench.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Team tends to struggle against garbage teams and style all over good teams, so I'm a bit tentative.

For reference:

0-2 VS MTL
0-1 VS ANA
1-1 VS VAN
0-1 VS STL
Had to come back VS Edmonton
Got dominated by NYR and only Rittich showed up to seal the W

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Will be in Oiler territory for this one tomorrow so I hope they can keep it going for at least one more game

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I hope we can pretend one more game tomorrow night and win.

We’ve been so fortunate to play teams that have played us and not tried and just given up. That’s why we’re doing well.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Gonna be a tough one for the Flames. 3rd game in 4 nights, missing Gio, Backlund, Frolik who are our better defensive players. Gotta try and limit McDavid-Draisaitl as much as they can. McD will probably get his points, so hopefully the top line and co for the Flames can continue being hot and light the lamp.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Please change thread title to Free Win Night in Edmonton

Or should this be a guaranteed win for them? Because of playing a team on a back to back with their backup in net:sarcasm:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
In Edmonton eh, so going back some decades I guess:

tumblr_p37pi1EHSp1qgw93ro2_540.gif

tumblr_p37pi1EHSp1qgw93ro3_540.gif

tumblr_p37pi1EHSp1qgw93ro4_540.gif

tumblr_p37pi1EHSp1qgw93ro7_540.gif

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Win or beat the shit out of their (like 3) good players, pick one

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I said it in tonight's GDT, but I definitely don't feel confident about winning this game. But I do feel confident about our team regardless.

This is kind of a no-win situation for Edmonton. They can win, but literally everything is stacked in their favour going into the game, so it's not exactly a badge of honour. Meanwhile, if they don't win.... oh boy.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
The Flames have 5 wins in a row and are a top the Western Conference... After decades of living my life as a Flames fan I know that this is truly and traditionally a time that this is bestowed upon as as a guaranteed loss.

Flames 4 - Oilers Spill 0

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Big win for Calgary but Oiler fans will blame, as usual, their loss on phantom penalty calls against them and a plethora of missed calls for them.

Most of us blamed the last loss on getting out-coached to be honest. You guys are looking like freaking world beaters the last 10 games and honestly probably the best team in the league over that sample size. I suspect the more reasonable among us would be happy with a close game and thrilled with a win.

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully no one gets injured.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Most of us blamed the last loss on getting out-coached to be honest. You guys are looking like freaking world beaters the last 10 games and honestly probably the best team in the league over that sample size. I suspect the more reasonable among us would be happy with a close game and thrilled with a win.

Especially not Lucic. No LTIR cap relief for you

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I hope this game isn't dirty with injuries. The Edmonton defense is suspect and Nurse can be hot or cold.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This game will depends on which goalie shows up.....both team can have suspect goaltending at times

Reactions: Migos

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Should be a beauty of game.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Fingers crossed that Big Dich Energy Rittich brings that early season form. If this is Smith's last year, we need Dave to show he can be The Guy at a moment's notice.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Hopefully the MangiaJankoNeal line converts tonight they looked good last night but were completely snake bitten Peters kept throwing them out there.
The top line continues to dominate play.

The Oilers are a funny team now they are playing a style to keep themselves in games and they can win a few more under Hitch, this could be one of them if they score first, but in the long run I would say the league has moved to more proactive offensive teams at the top and they still need a new coach and speedy scoring depth.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Biggest game of the year tonight. I feel good because this is the most professional team in the league led by Coach Peters. Instead of heading out to celebrate 1st place in the west, you know the boys grabbed a quick meal and went home to bed ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad