GDT: Flames at Hawks: 6:30pm MT on SNW. On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
big win over chi. can't remember the last time we won 3 in a row over them... Pretty good game. The powerplay needs to be figured out. It would help us so, so much if that was even halfway decent. big 2 points!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brodie has been sup par all season. The Fan 960 the other day was saying if Flames miss the playoffs then the Flames should trade Brodie to make room for Valimaki or Anderssen.

That's not the reason to trade him.....trade him to get a stud scorer.

Brodie can be a good player but he makes too many mistakes....

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The funny thing will be when they change Stone's goal to Gaudreau's after the fact after they find evidence that he actually did touch it, and then they realize it should've been no goal, but they can't do anything about it.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
So Gaudreau assisted on Hamilton's goal. He is only being an assist on Monahan goal?

Yes I need him to get alllllll the points

Reactions: Sk8M8

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Brodie has been sup par all season. The Fan 960 the other day was saying if Flames miss the playoffs then the Flames should trade Brodie to make room for Valimaki or Anderssen.

If it means Treliving can recoup some decent picks and/or a proven scorer I'd probably pull the trigger at the deadline. My preference would be to put him with back with Giordano for a while. Not sure what you do with the rest of the pairings though.

Last edited:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Jesus brodie had a horrible game...It's kind of funny to watch Hamonic turning into our #3 and holding down that pairing. It is a plus in a way as we gave a lot up for Hamonic, which I still feel is too much, but he has been very solid for us and I'm happy to have him. Stajan with another solid game, and our top line is buzzing. Seriously, if we could simply have a half decent PP, this team would be playoff bound with a chance to do some serious damage in the POs. The coaches need to figure this out already, it's past the point of lunacy. I really hope, if the cost is right, we can land a guy like Pageau or Hoffman (The latter probably costs too much). I'd definitely offer up Gillies+dman X to make it happen.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Jesus brodie had a horrible game...It's kind of funny to watch Hamonic turning into our #3 and holding down that pairing. It is a plus in a way as we gave a lot up for Hamonic, which I still feel is too much, but he has been very solid for us and I'm happy to have him. Stajan with another solid game, and our top line is buzzing. Seriously, if we could simply have a half decent PP, this team would be playoff bound with a chance to do some serious damage in the POs. The coaches need to figure this out already, it's past the point of lunacy. I really hope, if the cost is right, we can land a guy like Pageau or Hoffman (The latter probably costs too much). I'd definitely offer up Gillies+dman X to make it happen.

I wasn’t able to watch the game last night, did they move to the new PP format with Hamilton or was it same old dumpster fire?

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I wasn’t able to watch the game last night, did they move to the new PP format with Hamilton or was it same old dumpster fire?

Doesn't seem to matter, they tried both if my memory serves me (I missed the 5 on 3). either way, it was a complete dumpster fire. It's funny, because our zone entries seem to have some success, but then everyone just stands still, and move the puck as slow as possible. Pilons could defend our PP strategy.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
5 on 3 was mainly (if not fully I can't quite remember which is brutal since it was last night) Brodie-Gio-Monahan-Gaudreau-Tkachuk.

I only had the game on in the background while helping kids with school work/playing games so I didn't notice if they stuck with that all game long.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
the salt in the oilers around the league thread is amazing. Always a pleasure to read their comments after a Flames win.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Brodie Boosters in shambles. But seriously, are we done blindly stashing faith in this guy's ability to turn it around? He seems to be getting noticeably worse with each passing game. Hamonic is very clearly better than him now.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Brodie Boosters in shambles. But seriously, are we done blindly stashing faith in this guy's ability to turn it around? He seems to be getting noticeably worse with each passing game. Hamonic is very clearly better than him now.
I think a change in teams for him may make most sense. Send him out East. In terms of return... not sure what we can expect.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

If the Gio/Hamilton pairing weren’t doing so well I’d want to put him with Gio to try and get him going again. Makes no sense to move him when his value is this low and there’s no immediate replacement available on the left side. Even if he’s moved onto the Gio pairing I don’t know if one of Hamonic/Hamilton/Stone can play left. Maybe even try him with Stone and Kulak with Hamonic, shake something up.

I get the team wanting to stick to their original plan but I have never seen any coaching staff so opposed to making line changes. It’s crazy, from F lines to D pairs to special teams units

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't get Flames fans' hard on for trading Brodie. It's even worse on that other place. Even if he keeps playing like how his haters perceive him to be, he's still a top 4 guy with a very favourable contract.

We trade him for a forward and then what? We plug one hole while creating one that we already tried to fill last summer.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I don't get Flames fans' hard on for trading Brodie. It's even worse on that other place. Even if he keeps playing like how his haters perceive him to be, he's still a top 4 guy with a very favourable contract.

We trade him for a forward and then what? We plug one hole while creating one that we already tried to fill last summer.

Guy is just the new whipping boy and nothing more. He is no where near as bad as people think. Even yesterday he had a good game with 2 blunders and all of a sudden he is the worst defenseman ever and has a terrible game.

Stone is an absolute train wreck right now and no-one is talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad