Post-Game Talk: Flames at Capitals: Ovy breaks a record PSYCHE we win in OT.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So... I put down 1225 vCash tonight on the three non-Flames games. Bet on the underdog on all three and won. I'm going to be vRich.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
I think this is the vRichest I've ever vBeen.

qbMEvt2tl5flC.gif

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Good to see Monahan's game rounding into shape. He is Calgary's best player imo and both he and Bennett are keys to getting this team moving in the right direction.

If he keeps up this level of play, then he'll be a good edition to Team Canada this spring heading to the WHC, along with Giordano, Brodie and Bennett.

oh, that's quite a contingent.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Good to see Monahan's game rounding into shape. He is Calgary's best player imo and both he and Bennett are keys to getting this team moving in the right direction.

If he keeps up this level of play, then he'll be a good edition to Team Canada this spring heading to the WHC, along with Giordano, Brodie and Bennett.

oh, that's quite a contingent.

The only guy that may qualify is Brodie.

Gio is playing like **** and Monahan and Bennett are not ready

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I liked the way Snet said it, and it seems about right, Monahan may have his slumps time to time as a young player, but when he scores, it's big, it's clutch, it's just what the team needs. I'm sure there's examples, but I honestly don't recall Mony scoring much for "meaningless" goals, he always seems to tie the game, pull ahead, or outright win. Or at least, more often then not.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
The only guy that may qualify is Brodie.

Gio is playing like **** and Monahan and Bennett are not ready

I trust Gio gets back up to a decent level. perhaps not at last year's level, but it's the WHC, he doesn't have to be at last year's level to be an effective player at that tournament. So, let's see how he's doing in March. If he's still struggling, then ya, he doesn't get the invite.

and of course Monahan and Bennett are not ready to be the go to guys on a senior men's team...not even for the WHC, I wasn't suggesting they were ready. but they can be decent complimentary players on a 25 man roster playing a specialized role surrounded by experienced elite players who will carry the mail. Again, we are talking about the WHC here.

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Oh, it feels so good. I was glad they were giving Ramo consecutive games regardless of performance because I thought all our goaltenders would continue to suck equally until one of them found his confidence. Let's hope Ramo has found his.

It's such a relief not to feel like I'm watching a car crash any more. Seriously, keep it up, everyone. Monahan and Hamilton are finding their groove, Bennett has been awesome for several games... I'd like to see Gaudreau and Bennett on the same line again, and hope Giordano rediscovers his magic soon, but other than that, not too shabby.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So apparently Rämö was good last night? I watched the highlights and the goals didn't seem to be those easy goals he's let in earlier in the season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Monahan and Bennett would qualify for team North America, along with Gaudreau and Hamilton I think. Would love to see all four be on the team

Gaudreau will be on the US team. He's a top US player in the entire world.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As stupid as it is I'm pretty sure that the U23 team gets dirty dibs on players that are U23

I think you're right, which is beyond stupid :laugh:

Gaudreau would be a guarantee top 6 forward for the US, and instead will play on the baby squad. On a different note, him and Monny will likely be paired together.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's not stupid at all if they want the youngsters team to be able to compete with Canada and the US

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I think you're right, which is beyond stupid :laugh:

Gaudreau would be a guarantee top 6 forward for the US, and instead will play on the baby squad. On a different note, him and Monny will likely be paired together.

tbh i'd love to see McDavid centering Gaudreau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad