Flames "All-Forgotten" Team

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Loved Owen Nolan, and Hagman is a good one who's very forgettable.. Don't think I've ever seen a player try so hard and do so much without doing anything at all

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I know he played two seasons for us, but Chris Simon comes to mind that POD. .. I want to forget him

I know he doesn't fit the criteria but idgaf so....

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know he played two seasons for us, but Chris Simon comes to mind that POD. .. I want to forget him

I know he doesn't fit the criteria but idgaf so....
Simon didn't really do anything bad when he played for us, so I have no issues with his time here, in fact in the 04 playoffs he was great for us

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Fredrik Sjostrom.

I don't even know why, but for some reason I thought he was amazing when he played for us because I scored a bunch of goals with him in NHL 10

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fredrik Sjostrom.

I don't even know why, but for some reason I thought he was amazing when he played for us because I scored a bunch of goals with him in NHL 10
He was pretty solid with us until he was traded, good 4th liner in his time here.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Loved Owen Nolan, and Hagman is a good one who's very forgettable.. Don't think I've ever seen a player try so hard and do so much without doing anything at all

True that. Powering off the sidwall in a mere 18 strides, stickhandling the crap out of the puck, and then launching a muffin right into the crest. He was so adorable.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Dan Quinn was one of my favourite '80s players. He was actually really good. Scored 30 goals in his last full year with Calgary - think he was still only 20 or 21 years old. Then they traded him to Pittsburgh. He never quite became what I expected back then (though he scored 40 one year in Pitts and 94 points the next year). I can't remember why the Flames gave up on such a young talent so soon.

Just read his wiki and it says he was alleged to have raped a woman in her motel room while in Pitts though charges were dropped (something like that). But he's been on the celebrity golf circuit for a long time so it must have been a false allegation. And of course this would have been after Calgary traded him for Bullard. I'd have kept Quinn at the time.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My all-time bust is Freddy Modin. Waste of a seventh.

I don't disagree, but we gave up a 7th for a vet on an expiring contract. The odds of a 7th rounder making any sort of impact are extremely remote. The idea was that Modin would have been a good presence to add in the room.

For the record, I looked into it and I can't even find that a player was drafted by the Jets/Thrashers with that pick.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't disagree, but we gave up a 7th for a vet on an expiring contract. The odds of a 7th rounder making any sort of impact are extremely remote. The idea was that Modin would have been a good presence to add in the room.

For the record, I looked into it and I can't even find that a player was drafted by the Jets/Thrashers with that pick.

The pick was traded to San Jose, who selected Colin Blackwell (who amounted to nothing).

However, the next pick was Jyrki Jokipakka, the best name in the NHL. At that spot in the 7th, we also could've taken Alexei Marchenko or Ondrej Palat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Modin was also hurt and out for the season after just 4 games, so calling him a bust is really over the top.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The pick was traded to San Jose, who selected Colin Blackwell (who amounted to nothing).

However, the next pick was Jyrki Jokipakka, the best name in the NHL. At that spot in the 7th, we also could've taken Alexei Marchenko or Ondrej Palat.

What is a bigger steal, Palat or Gaudreau?

In regards to Modin though (let's use Blackwell), saying that we wasted an asset for Modin doesn't have a lot of weight. Modin didn't work out here, but it could have easily went the other way. The trade in principle was fine.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What is a bigger steal, Palat or Gaudreau?

In regards to Modin though (let's use Blackwell), saying that we wasted an asset for Modin doesn't have a lot of weight. Modin didn't work out here, but it could have easily went the other way. The trade in principle was fine.

I remember everyone LOSING their minds over that :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Honestly, why? I've seen this posted few times at the main boards as well. Some play on words, how the name is pronounced..?

I guess it just sounds really awesome to my ear. No real explanation. :dunno:

Probably a combination of the rhythm and consonance (the repitition of the hard k on every second syllable, and he repetition of the j sound twice early on).

Kinda like a better version of Pierre-Luc Latourneau-Leblonde.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I guess it just sounds really awesome to my ear. No real explanation. :dunno:

Probably a combination of the rhythm and consonance (the repitition of the hard k on every second syllable, and he repetition of the j sound twice early on).

Kinda like a better version of Pierre-Luc Latourneau-Leblonde.

Ok, thanks for the explanation, Jyrki is a common first name. (btw his last name translates as Riverdeck :D)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad