Confirmed with Link: Flames Acquire Freddie Hamilton for a conditional 7th

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Freddie is supposed to be a good locker room presence and have a little upside. Not bad IMO. I also presume he'll ramp things up and work hard to get another chance to play with his bro. Trade also potentially increases the Colorado retirement home jokes.

I like it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Don't see why people are saying we shoulda kept the "conditional" 7th. What are the chances our 7th pick put up the numbers at the junior and AHL levels that Freddie did?

He improves the Stockton team immediately. Who knows how much he'll improve to try the Flames lineup in the next year or two?

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Don't see why people are saying we shoulda kept the "conditional" 7th. What are the chances our 7th pick put up the numbers at the junior and AHL levels that Freddie did?

He improves the Stockton team immediately. Who knows how much he'll improve to try the Flames lineup in the next year or two?

100% agree. I don't see any downside to this.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Seriously why not? It makes Dougie feel more at home, we barely gave up anything. We added size and improved our team in Stockton.

That's my thought; I wouldn't support this being done annually, but tossing one conditional 7th to get a fuctional AHL vet and bring in some family is a pretty minor (ha ha) price to pay.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Basically a free asset, I like free stuff. Adds depth to our AHL team and even provides a call up option if he does well, solid move. Being Dougies brother is just a plus.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The guy has scored 20 goals in the AHL before, he won't be completely useless to this franchise. Although I think he play play wing rather than centre. I think this is a sign that Granlund is staying in the NHL. I'd say Reinhart replacement but I am pretty sure that is what Derek Grant is, but I think they may be serious about the AHL club actually winning games.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I dunno when you combine the Gretzky brothers point totals they beat every other set of brothers in history.

can't argue with facts

edit: I guess you can Karri Ramone

also Jonathan Toews has a brother who was drafted by the Islanders I believe. And yeah add him to the list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad