GDT: FLAMES (29-24-13) vs. SENATORS (33-28-4) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
I think we're pretty much done. Too far back to make a run for the playoffs. Can't see any of those teams collapsing. Nashville has 3 more games than us, they have a better chance.
That loss against the Ducks and losing to Chicago twice etc just killed us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't believe it's happening.
looks like we have a goalie again, so that will help

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
and so begins our 10+ game winning streak

you-know-it-wink.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well that's what it's supposed to look like I think. Not much to complain about for this one, other than Lucic stumbling around out there.

Liked the special teams and Markstrom especially. Thought Pelletier struggled a bit. Nice game from Hanifin.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Weird we are only seven points behind Edmonton. Seems the talk all season has been if they can get to the Cup this time and what a disaster things are in Cowtown. Just goes to show the parity in this league that just a seven point difference has these teams in two different solar systems.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Just watched the highlights. Pretty passing on most of the goals (especially the SH one) and a nice Huberdeau tip for the win. Kinda regret not watching this one, count me in as someone who watched TLOU finale instead.

Reactions: Fig and Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Big win! Making sure we lock down that 16th overall pick while.missing the playoffs and convincing the ownership to run it back because it was just an "off season", continuing our cycle of mediocrity ahaha go flames go!

So true.

Us ever winning the lottery for a first like Bedard would literally be like winning the Power Ball.

Reactions: 23Monahan

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Big win! Making sure we lock down that 16th overall pick while.missing the playoffs and convincing the ownership to run it back because it was just an "off season", continuing our cycle of mediocrity ahaha go flames go!
At what point this year should they have decided to trade everyone and bottom out for Bedard?

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Just watched the highlights. Pretty passing on most of the goals (especially the SH one) and a nice Huberdeau tip for the win. Kinda regret not watching this one, count me in as someone who watched TLOU finale instead.

You watched TLOU? Seems like you enjoy watching many things Calgary lately. ;)

Reactions: Felidae

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
At what point this year should they have decided to traded everyone and bottom out for Bedard?
The argument could be made that flipping Huberdeau & Weegar for futures, and keeping Monahan / not signing Kadri would have been bad for the Flames position in the standings.

Don't know if it's first overall bad, but bottom 10 bad for sure. Especially with the goaltending this season which none of us really expected.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The argument could be made that flipping Huberdeau & Weegar for futures, and keeping Monahan / not signing Kadri would have been bad for the Flames position in the standings.

Don't know if it's first overall bad, but bottom 10 bad for sure. Especially with the goaltending this season which none of us really expected.
That was an option the day Huberdeau was acquired, yeah. We're talking about Brad "I'd do anything for love but I won't do that. Because it's not in my DNA" Tre

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

I don’t think people really comprehend just how bad the bad teams are this year. We do those moves and we probably ice a roster today that looks like:
Pelletier-Lindholm-Toffoli
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Ruzicka-Monahan-Dube
Lucic-Lewis-Duehr

Hanifin-Andersson
Valimaki/Mackey-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone

For example, Flyers currently ice:

Laughton-Frost-Tippet
Farabee-Hayes-Foerester
JVR-Cates-Laczynski
Deslauriers-Desnoyers-Bellows

Provorov-York
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Seeker-Braun

To add some perspective, Dube currently would be the second leading point getter on the Flyers lineup today, and Hanifin has 33% more production than any of their D-men. No it wouldn’t be perfectly the same numbers without those additions, but even after removing our 3 off-season adds from the list, we still have 8 of the top 12 scorers between the two lineups.

We would’ve needed to absolutely gut this this team passed any reasonable amount to be as bad as the Flyers, and that’s only the 7th worst team in the league.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad