GDT: FLAMES (27-21-13) vs. MAPLE LEAFS (37-16-8) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Last night, I had another Flames dream. Markstrom was leaving the ice and the crowd was cheering him off chanting "The best! The best!". Hopefully the crowd in my dream weren't being sarcastic, but sarcasm is part of my ID so probably.

Go Flam. I'll probably record this one to skip through commercials/intermissions, but I'll suffer through to the end unless it's 7-0 after 2.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't know why I actually think markstrom is gonna have a good rest of the yr

Just had a newborn, so he's going to be a bit sleep deprived and whatnot. But NHLers have weird schedules, so it might not be as messed up for him as people who work a 9-5?

New dad efficiencies is a thing, so there's hope. But I also think that new dad slumps are different for players vs goalies.

IIRC, I forget if it was Shesterkin or Sorokin where supposedly the same thing happened and their performance dipped leading up to and after the birth of the child. A fan of that teams said it took around 12-18 months total and his is just starting to get back to where he was before. We might have another 5-9 months of this new dad goalie slump.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't expect any remarkable improvement from Marks unfortunately, but hey, hopefully everyone gets better on this club.

We might win this game as the Leafs are on the 2nd of a back to back.

Reactions: Boomstick

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Oh, didn't TML acquire a ton of grit? Can we just have a type of game where two teams just grit each other into submission?

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Schrodingers game. It’s a scheduled win, playing a tired team on a back to back, that just completed a mini roster overhaul that will need time to get in sync (where have I heard this before). It’s a scheduled loss, playing a top team that was just embarrassed their previous game on the ice and on the scoreboard, so they’ll be bringing everything as this will likely be a statement game from them.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Schrodingers game. It’s a scheduled win, playing a tired team on a back to back, that just completed a mini roster overhaul that will need time to get in sync (where have I heard this before). It’s a scheduled loss, playing a top team that was just embarrassed their previous game on the ice and on the scoreboard, so they’ll be bringing everything as this will likely be a statement game from them.

For the schrodinger concept, maybe something like a lifeless game that Toronto is trying to hype and breathe life into it because the leafs are playing?

Reactions: Boomstick

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
foofighters-grohl.gif

Reactions: Tofveve

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Oh, didn't TML acquire a ton of grit? Can we just have a type of game where two teams just grit each other into submission?
They swapped out 25% of their team and dont have any chemisty. I think Dubas screwed up by messing around with the roster personally.

That said, I think Marky has another strong game. Getting 3 out of 4 points against Boston and Toronto would be huge. If Marky even gives league average goaltending the Flames make the playoffs. If he doesnt they wont. That simple really.

ChrisOsullivan

Jan 20, 2022
He either will, or he won't. 50/50 chance, amirite?
I hope it would be 33.% (he will return to last year's dominance, can we have 9 shutouts in the last 20, please?
33.3% improve, but not near enough, nor near last year,
33.3% stay the same...
(I can't even imagine he could be worse, but that's also possible, i guess)

They swapped out 25% of their team and dont have any chemisty. I think Dubas screwed up by messing around with the roster personally.

That said, I think Marky has another strong game. Getting 3 out of 4 points against Boston and Toronto would be huge. If Marky even gives league average goaltending the Flames make the playoffs. If he doesnt they wont. That simple really.
Leafs are improved with these deals, but like the Oilers last night, its a good time to take advantage of new players missing assignments / not sure of where they should be, and we have a rookie goalie in net. GFG!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I hope it would be 33.% (he will return to last year's dominance, can we have 9 shutouts in the last 20, please?
33.3% improve, but not near enough, nor near last year,
33.3% stay the same...
(I can't even imagine he could be worse, but that's also possible, i guess)

Leafs are improved with these deals, but like the Oilers last night, its a good time to take advantage of new players missing assignments / not sure of where they should be, and we have a rookie goalie in net. GFG!
There's probably an infinite number of combinations ranging from all-star to no-star.

Arbitrary extremes are more fun, and the way the Flames have played this year I need all the fun I can get.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Please, give Toronto a proper spanking.

I want to see if theirs collective hivemind can stomach it.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
We’re 5 points out but this team is in control of their own fate tbh.
Winnipeg is free falling and has a relatively tough schedule ahead. Seattle has an easy enough schedule but haven’t been the hottest recently. We have a seemingly easyish schedule to end the season, although with the Flames that’s not always great. We should have a great path to the playoffs if one of our goalies remembers what goalies are paid to do.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
According to Insider Trading, this game will play a huge role in whether the Flames buy or not because they really are that ******* stupid.

So go leafs go I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad