GDT: FLAMES (27-20-11) @ GOLDEN KNIGHTS (34-18-5) | 7:00 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West, One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly if the Flames are smart , they’d trade Hanifin asap.

That boy has no balls, he’d wet his pants against McDrai or any serious competitors

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Surprised no one is shitting on Hanifin and his terrible play that caused the third goal ... what a loser.
Also looking at Lucic who handled the puck like a hot potato in Vegas’s end and directed it straight to the Vegas defence and ten seconds later it’s in our net. The guy gets cratered defensively continuously but yet still in the lineup. We need an upgrade at 4LW.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Also looking at Lucic who handled the puck like a hot potato in Vegas’s end and directed it straight to the Vegas defence and ten seconds later it’s in our net. The guy gets cratered defensively continuously but yet still in the lineup. We need an upgrade at 4LW.
Plenty in the system. Problem is Sutter won't play them because of his weird love affair with Lucic.

Reactions: Tofveve

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Lucic is crap but we have nothing in the system of quality to bring up. Already playing so many bad players on the team already.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I put this on Sutter. With 13 minutes left in the second we were dumping the puck in the corner on clean breakouts. This isn’t the early 90s, that doesn’t work anymore

Why is this team one of the worst at holding leads? A) goaltending. B) Because we stop playing aggressive hockey and we are not a strong defensive team.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Bad goaltending and bad coaching. That's our season.

Milan Lucic was 45 seconds away from leading our forwards in five on five icetime last night. Toffoli and Pelletier were last in that regard, with Blake Coleman leading the charge with just a hair over 13:00 minutes of icetime. The 4th line was absolutely caved in last night yet kept taking a regular shift.

For comparison sake Jack Eichel played over 18 minutes.

That loss is on Darryl.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Two shots on goal in the final 22ish minutes of this game is a fairly strong indication that the team was clearly out of gas, and outplayed as a result.

Putting Lucic out there for a regular shift when it's a two, then one, goal game that you're starting to show fatigue was certainly a decision that I would not have made, but what the hell do I know.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
The Flames this season when they go into OT:

rbss7th.gif

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I truly believe our top four should look like

Weegar - Anderson
Hanifin - Tanev

And for the love of god split up Kadri and Huberdeau and blast Lucic to the moon.

Huberdeau - Lindholm - Pelletier
Dube - Kadri - Toffoli

Reactions: Iggys Dome

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Pelletier listed in the top 6 shows why it isn't goaltending that is the sole problem with this team. The forwards, especially at the top end aren't close to good enough.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No it is a true statement, top teams don't play crap players like him in their top 6.
63cf%, 6 pts in 13 games. "Crap".

Lmao. You are right though, this team did play Lucic in their top 6 for 20 games and top teams definitely don't do that.

Reactions: BRobMint

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
63cf%, 6 pts in 13 games. "Crap".

Lmao. You are right though, this team did play Lucic in their top 6 for 20 games and top teams definitely don't do that.

6 points in 13 games isn’t good and I certainly don’t want Lucic there. I don’t think there are better options, plenty of equally bad options though, to play invite top 6 over Pelletier and that is the issue.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
6 points in 13 games isn’t good and I certainly don’t want Lucic there. I don’t think there are better options, plenty of equally bad options though, to play invite top 6 over Pelletier and that is the issue.
Bro. The guy is a 21 year old rookie. There’s plenty of players who weren’t lightning it up right away that improved over time. He’s starting to get points, plays smart and has skill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad