GDT: FLAMES (25-18-11) VS. RED WINGS (24-20-8) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Somehow we're still in a playoff spot?
I kinda hate this mushy middle nonsense. Either grab the bag and string some god damn wins together, or just fall off already.

FragrantScratchyHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Boomstick

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
They gave up on Sutter

Sutter had it coming. Seriously, even if you're going for a better pick, why not get a new coach just to instill a new and better system (based on the personnel already here) for the rest of the season into the next. Maybe bring up Love and have him coach.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would actually love to see Huberdeau Kyrie Irving his way out of here to be honest. Then deal Weegar to Ottawa.

Reactions: Tofveve

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
They gave up on Sutter
They give up on every coach within 2 years. That's been a constant with our team for 15 years at least. They get a tougher coach, they do great for a season under them, them immediately tune them out the next year because "it's too hard!" And then we get a country club players coach, the team gives absolutely no effort and are just happy coasting and getting paid, until we need to get a harder coach to kick their asses in line again, rinse and repeat.

This has always been a team that's like a country club for the most part. Jonathan got his HuberDough and could care less now dudes set for life and career

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
They give up on every coach within 2 years. That's been a constant with our team for 15 years at least. They get a tougher coach, they do great for a season under them, them immediately tune them out the next year because "it's too hard!" And then we get a country club players coach, the team gives absolutely no effort and are just happy coasting and getting paid, until we need to get a harder coach to kick their asses in line again, rinse and repeat.

This has always been a team that's like a country club for the most part. Jonathan got his HuberDough and could care less now dudes set for life and career
The problem is, literally the whole team's been revamped over the last, I dunno, 5 or so years. Which would suggest either management keeps bringing in the wrong players or they keep hiring the wrong coach. It's probably both tbh.

As for Huberdeau, his defensive metrics are phenomenal this year. Which means he's doing what Sutter wants him to and that's the whole problem. Dude's an elite offensive player; only an idiot clown of a coach would say nah, stop that and just play defense.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Honest question: are we on pace to play the most backup goalies for any team in league history? It seems we play a backup goalie in most games.

It's sad that our record is still so bad despite getting to play against so many backups.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
When things aren't working the coach should always be looked at but if all we do is change the coach it will do nothing to improve the results. This team is not underperforming what it has for players. It is a very, very mediocre team, getting mediocre results.

The problem with the team is the players, management and owners before we start looking at the coach. I have no issue firing Sutter, but it should be in a total rebuilding of the whole hockey structure and team. I don't think Treliving is a bad GM, he might even be a very good one. And I don't know if we will even bring in a better GM, especially with our owners, but he has been here for 7 seasons (plus this one) already missing the play-offs 3 of those years with weak play-off runs in the others. He has had a chance to build the team he wanted and it didn't work out, twice now I would say. He was in a tough situation this summer and went the wrong way, made the wrong moves. I wish the guy well but think it is time for a new direction, new strategy and new voice to lead the club going forward.

Reactions: ChrisOsullivan

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Glad I missed this one. I've been on a tour of visiting relatives, probably won't be watching with any regularity until Monday. Doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad