GDT: FLAMES (24-18-10) @ SABRES (26-20-4) ! Saturday at 10:30 a.m. MT ! TV: Sportsnet One ! RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
2-0 Sabres, I shit all over the Flames and glad I didn't go to the game.

6-2 Flames I praise the Flames, and wish I went to the game to see Pelt's and Gilbert's first career goals.
Second for Gilbert, I think. Scored a goal for Chicago in 19-20

Reactions: Boomstick

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
star-trek-next-generation.gif

Was expecting the worst after the Sabres went up 2-0. Overall, a dominating game. Impressive. Keep it going.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Probably the worst comment I've ever heard in the Finnish broadcast: "a lot of Flames fans in the building, which is not surprising since Buffalo is near the border" :facepalm:
Well, I'm near Niagara Falls, Ontario so a trip to Buffalo is 30 minute driver for me. I usually always go, but today I didn't. Anyways our only other option is Toronto. Toronto tickets are usually about $300 Canadian and the 90 minute drive is usually awful and parking is another $30-$50.
Buffalo seats on stubhub usually come down to about $40 US for a couple of rows off the ice. So maybe they just meant that when a Canadian team plays in Buffalo a lot of Canadians show up, which is probably accurate.

Reactions: Nanuuk

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Depth player on a league minimum deal scores two points in his hometown and you need to shit on him for some reason

Well this has been a fun saturday night

Pointing out he is shit isn’t shitting in him it’s just pointing out reality.

Why to we have to keep celebrating garbage players and then complaining about our results?

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Pointing out he is shit isn’t shitting in him it’s just pointing out reality.

Why to we have to keep celebrating garbage players and then complaining about our results?
He had a goal and assist in a winning game. Yes that should be celebrated Negative Nancy. There’s one person complaining. When you read that point your finger at yourself.

Reactions: Nanuuk

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
He had a goal and assist in a winning game. Yes that should be celebrated Negative Nancy. There’s one person complaining. When you read that point your finger at yourself.

Celebrate crap players and we shouldn’t be surprised when we are fighting for the last play-off spot because we have shit players.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
When this top line plays like a top line, they can win. I just don't have it in me to get too high off this game because I feel a 4-0 shutout is coming against Ottawa if I do

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Celebrate crap players and we shouldn’t be surprised when we are fighting for the last play-off spot because we have shit players.
And how have you made the determination that he is a crap player? He is a prospect that came out of the NCAA and has all of 35 NHL games to his resume.

He is progressing and I would say has passed Mackey by on the depth chart who had passed Valimaki by earlier this season.

You are not going to get an all-star holding your 7 and 8 D spots anywhere in the NHL.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
What I saw this afternoon was some chemistry finally settling in on the top two lines. Which will make it tough for Treliving to decide whether to go out an get a scorer.

I think the first line has turned a corner. Dube looks more and more like he belongs there with every passing game.

I also think the second line might have the basis to be another "French Connection" if they stay together long enough. This is where it gets dicey. I think Tre will acquire Duclair for Kylington and put Duclair on this line. Pelts will drop to the 4 line, because he ain't going anywhere. Sound defensively and speedy. A perfect match to play with Rosie.

The third line was dominant all game long. They literally smothered Buffalo whenever on the ice. If Mangiapane learns to drive to the net and be a bit more selfish he could be another Marchand.

The fourth line, bless them, were pretty bad for two periods. They gave the team solid minutes in the 3rd period. Ritchie's first game back, but there's no denying they were slow today. From here on in, I'd use Looch and Ritchie strategically. It is very important to run 4 fast defensively responsible lines.

If Treliving acquires another tough D-ma such as Schenn, we might be cooking with gas.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
And how have you made the determination that he is a crap player? He is a prospect that came out of the NCAA and has all of 35 NHL games to his resume.

He is progressing and I would say has passed Mackey by on the depth chart who had passed Valimaki by earlier this season.

You are not going to get an all-star holding your 7 and 8 D spots anywhere in the NHL.

He is 26 years old with zero good professional seasons, zero good games in a flames uniform. Maybe he was a stud for Chicago but that is doubtful.

Passing Mackey, who is much worse than Valimaki, is not an accomplishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad