GDT: FLAMES (22-16-9) vs. BLUE JACKETS (14-30-2) | 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Look, I don't have much else to contribute, but I will make everyone a bit happier on this stupid winter Monday.

btaXOnq.gif

Are they booing me?!

Last edited:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I hope the fans cheer for Johnny.
He's gonna get booed, but he will also get a very warm reception similar to that of Monahan. Flames fan should boo him, absolutely nothing with he's decision but he's decision hurt the flames regardless.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
He'll some applause & cheers during the tribute video but otherwise, he'll be heavily booed and deservedly so over how he left. It is what it is.

In in more important matters, wish the fans would boo Sutter over keeping Lucic on the 2nd line

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He deserves some cheers from the Flames faithful. Maybe the only reason or at the very least one of the few this team was watchable for the last 8 years. 5th in franchise points is nothing to sniff at.

He also deserves some boos for leaving us for Ohio, to a team that has one playoff series win in their entire history.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Are any of you going to the game tonight?
Welcome back Johnny. Loved you as a Flame, broke my heart as you left.
I'd cheer him one last time with his tribute video and then join the boo birds.
Still wish he was here, it was the perfect fit, and nobody can deny the excitement of Johnny on the ice with the Flaming C on his chest.
Anyways, I guess we all have to move on. Go Flames, stomp these guys. Calling a 6-1 win.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Gaudreau deserves cheers dude was the bright light for years on this team we might not like how he left but that's on Tre for not getting a deal done before, Gaudreau did nothing wrong, unlike Tkachuk who jumped ship the second he had to be the guy. Still won't ever like Gaudreau the same but he is one of greatest Flames of all time and fulfilled all contractual requirements.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Johnny was my favorite Flame of all time I have to say. His last season here was the cherry on the cake. He definitely deserves to be cheered for all he did for us. IMO maybe the most dynamic, watchable Flame ever. Made his linemates more exciting too. His plus/minus last year was phenomenal, his point total and 40 goals just made it that much more amazing. Too bad we ran into Dallas for the first round last playoffs. I think we could have gone pretty far otherwise. But we did win a round, regardless.

It really sucked that he left. But I also understood his side of things.

If I were at the dome I'd cheer him loudly. Couldn't boo him though. But I'd understand some of that. Just hope nothing is too harsh and that he takes it ok. Guy is one of my favorite players still. Has an iron man streak going to boot.

Anyway, good luck Flams. This is one we should win so who knows, right?

Glad Pel and Duehr are still getting playing time. Pissed that Ruz is out (unless I missed something) - seems like Sutter/Flams want to lessen Adam's book value or something; I can't stand it. Glad Vlad is in.

Go Flams! 6-1 win!

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
My lady won't be home for another hour or so. Can watch the first and then I'll get a nice steak dinner made for us. Low key evening.

We're playing well to start. Another 45+ sog night. Let's hope that means 4+ goals.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We need to get that ghoulish lady behind the coach new seats. I swear she is our hex.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad