GDT: FLAMES (21-14-9) @ PREDATORS (19-17-6) | 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Yea I thought it was a kick at first, but saros actually hits it into his own net, thibk that negates the kick no?
Only negates it if they rule he or any Nashville player had full control after the kick, it can bounce off all the opposing players you want but if you did something illegal to score it won’t count

Reactions: 23Monahan

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Only negates it if they rule he or any Nashville player had full control after the kick, it can bounce off all the opposing players you want but if you did something illegal to score it won’t count
Oh shit didn't know that, if so than I agree with the no goal call, looked like he was just trying to kick the puck to himself to get a shot off but went in the net, but still a kick

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Sutter hockey. No timeouts in last years playoffs either (or most of the games anyway, even when tons of times it would have made sense).
Hm ok so I'm not just imagining things. Everytime I tune in and we're down I always thought he pulled the goalie very late even when they've spent a good time in the ozone.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hm ok so I'm not just imagining things. Everytime I tune in and we're down I always thought he pulled the goalie very late even when they've spent a good time in the ozone.

Actually I think his goalie pull times are usually OK. Not a fan of our lack of timeouts, but we used one tonight.

Reactions: Felidae

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Stone and Zadorov out there????? Wtf Sutter; they were handling it like a hot potato. This team is going to quit on him soon.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Watch us lose this game 2-1 the game after Vladar got a W while letting in 5, and fans will keep saying we need to play Vladar because that’s how we get wins. The run support difference these two have been experiencing is baffling.

Well, you called the score. And yeah, the goal support for Vladar over Markstrom is baffling. Vladar gets 10 goals in his last 2 games started, Markstrom gets 1. Technically, Markstrom got pulled in that Blues game with no goals for him, so Markstrom has had 1 goal in support of his last 2 games started. In 2.5 games for Vladar, he has 13 goals of support.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not gonna be too mad about this one. They were clearly tired and pushed back pretty well in the 2nd half of the game, just couldn't get one through Saros. I think Stone and Zadorov being out there was because the Hanifin-Andersson pairing were BRUUUTAL in this one. Hanifin especially.

Good : Kadri, our best forward. Linemates did absolutely nothing to help him out. Strong night for Zadorov. Tanev also very solid.

Pretty good : Lindholm's line were all decent. Had some good chances. Markstrom was fine, but not sure why he got so far off his post on the 2nd GA. Weegar? I dunno man, get him on the PP. He's got great transition numbers but never seems to be actually IN the offensive zone.

Not good : Backlund line struggled, every pass into feet, every play flubbed. Stone was fine really, just slow. Andersson.

Bad : Powerplay. Lucic like you're a goon man. Go be a goon.
4th line was junk, Lewis especially. Young guys weren't much better. Please Free Ruzicka and get Pelletier in.

Awful : Hanifin trash, just mindless rims and giveaways. Also had a chance to spring a shorthanded 2 on 1 if he picked his head up but instead iced it with lots of time and space. Huberdeau was also complete junk, turned it over every time he touched it. Stop trying to pass it through two defenders EVERY SINGLE SHIFT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofveve

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not gonna be too mad about this one. They were clearly tired and pushed back pretty well in the 2nd half of the game, just couldn't get one through Saros. I think Stone and Zadorov being out there was because the Hanifin-Andersson pairing were BRUUUTAL in this one. Hanifin especially.

Good : Kadri, our best forward. Linemates did absolutely nothing to help him out. Strong night for Zadorov. Tanev also very solid.

Pretty good : Lindholm's line were all decent. Had some good chances. Markstrom was fine, but not sure why he got so far off his post on the 2nd GA.

Not good : Backlund line struggled, every pass into feet, every play flubbed. Stone was fine really, just slow. Andersson.

Bad : Powerplay.
4th line was junk, Lewis especially. Young guys weren't much better. Please Free Ruzicka and get Pelletier in.

Awful : Hanifin trash, just mindless rims and giveaways. Also had a chance to spring a shorthanded 2 on 1 if he picked his head up but instead iced it with lots of time and space. Huberdeau was also complete junk, turned it over every time he touched it. Stop trying to pass it through two defenders EVERY SINGLE SHIFT.

Hanifin has been bad all season. All it takes is one look on hockeyreference

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad