GDT: FLAMES (13-11-5) vs. CANUCKS (12-13-3) 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
after a WHOOPING 9 minute average over two games phillips is scratched lmfao so silly, he actually had some good looks considering his very limited TOI.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
after a WHOOPING 9 minute average over two games phillips is scratched lmfao so silly, he actually had some good looks considering his very limited TOI.
I'm more perturbed by the fact he can't wear #14 like he clearly wants.

Theo should come right out and say "use the number kid, the team won't retire it"

This concludes my TED talk.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Should be an interesting one tonight.
Go Flames.
Someone needs to step up tonight.
This is the first season in a really long time where I don't have a favorite Flames player at the moment.
I have a blank retro reverse jersey waiting for someone to take the reigns and become a beast. Hasn't happened yet.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Theo should come right out and say "use the number kid, the team won't retire it"

I was all for #14 being unofficially retired, but with how Theo has been these past few years (hell the last 20 years really) being a complete crazy guy let Phillips rock the #14.

I got hockey myself tonight so I'll miss the 2nd and 3rd period, hopefully we show up and smoke these clowns.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Should be an interesting one tonight.
Go Flames.
Someone needs to step up tonight.
This is the first season in a really long time where I don't have a favorite Flames player at the moment.
I have a blank retro reverse jersey waiting for someone to take the reigns and become a beast. Hasn't happened yet.

Wow, I'm in total agreement with everything you said.

By default it's probably Backs but it sucks that its forced on me.

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I was all for #14 being unofficially retired, but with how Theo has been these past few years (hell the last 20 years really) being a complete crazy guy let Phillips rock the #14.

I got hockey myself tonight so I'll miss the 2nd and 3rd period, hopefully we show up and smoke these clowns.

I actually think Theo deserves to be in the HHOF. I also think he has stones to say things that he believes unlike most everyone else.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think we win this one because things. We're a pretty boring team with maybe the weakest identity in the league. As much as I've ragged on Zad he might be as much our poster boy along with Backs and Tanev and Ras.

Still supporting Ruz for a long-term spot with this club. Still supporting Stone despite some cement foot (work on that please, stat). Still have fingers crossed on Hubes. Thankfull we still have Lindy.

Go Flams. Spank em 5-2.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
No Tanev typically means porous defensive coverage w a very high amount of high danger chances surrendered. Habs Marky will need to be back again tonight. Mackey/Stone and the 4th line gonna get caved (and Sutter will have them out for 30%).

Reactions: Tofveve

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
No Tanev typically means porous defensive coverage w a very high amount of high danger chances surrendered. Habs Marky will need to be back again tonight. Mackey/Stone and the 4th line gonna get caved (and Sutter will have them out for 30%).

Mackey is young so Sutter will bench him for playing like shit. Stone might get more minutes if he sucks.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Theo would say that Trudeau created a conspiracy to rob him of his number or something nuts.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I actually think Theo deserves to be in the HHOF. I also think he has stones to say things that he believes unlike most everyone else.

When what you say is moronic and most often spreading absolute lies that is not impressive at all.

I agree he should be in the HHOF but his number should never be retired. For me the hall of fame is on ice based, a retired number should be on ice and what you did for the team/community and Fleury is a massive failure on the 2nd part.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
When what you say is moronic and most often spreading absolute lies that is not impressive at all.

I agree he should be in the HHOF but his number should never be retired. For me the hall of fame is on ice based, a retired number should be on ice and what you did for the team/community and Fleury is a massive failure on the 2nd part.

Having him in the HHOF is good argument for retiring his number. We don't have too many HHOF inductees. The rest of your post lacks specifics.

He was an alcoholic who overcame the addiction. He had other problems too that he overcame (victim of sexual abuse for one). That all is commendable.

Reactions: 23Monahan

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Having him in the HHOF is good argument for retiring his number. We don't have too many HHOF inductees. The rest of your post lacks specifics.

He was an alcoholic who overcame the addiction. He had other problems too that he overcame (victim of sexual abuse for one). That all is commendable.

He has repeatedly trashed the organization for starters, not sure why the Flames wants a guy who does that with a retired number.

The lies he spreads over Twitter is not commendable at at all. What happened to him in junior is awful but it doesn’t give him blanket excuse for the crap he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad