Proposal: Flame - Kraken

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
To: Seattle Mark Giordano ( Expansion draft selection )
Johnny Gaudreau

To: Calgary Jake Bean, Luke Kunin ( speculated picks ), 2022 1st

Seattle gets Gio on the blueline to fill a leadership role and Johnny who would add excitement and draw fans
Calgary changes up core and dumps some cap, Jake Bean fits in to fill the hole at LD and Kunin helps out the Flames lack at RW.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
While it might not the best move, I doubt the Canes don’t protect Bean at this point, so your thinking that Seattle gets him for free is very likely a pipe dream.

Also the rest of your proposal is pure fantasy. No way 1 year of Gaudrau is worth that, especially to Francis. If his past as a GM is any indication, he will hoard prospects and picks and not make silly moves like this one.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
While it might not the best move, I doubt the Canes don’t protect Bean at this point, so your thinking that Seattle gets him for free is very likely a pipe dream.

Also the rest of your proposal is pure fantasy. No way 1 year of Gaudrau is worth that, especially to Francis. If his past as a GM is any indication, he will hoard prospects and picks and not make silly moves like this one.

Thought you were talking about Eric Francis did a second :laugh:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Johnny Gaudreau

Seattle gets Gio on the blueline to fill a leadership role and Johnny who would add excitement and draw fans
Calgary changes up core and dumps some cap, Jake Bean fits in to fill the hole at LD and Kunin helps out the Flames lack at RW.

This is insane. An expansion team trading their 1st round 1 pick after their inaugural season.

That is a nonsense thought. Make it a 2nd rounder and maybe but you cannot be serious about 2022 1st from Seattle as an asset in play. It’s not. End of discussion.

Reactions: Deplorable Lenny

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
You are assuming that Seattle's strategy is going to be "how can I make the Final in year one?" Needless to say, this is probably not going to be Ron Francis' mindset this summer.

An expansion team giving up excellent futures in exchange for expensive, expiring assets in another year is certainly... creative. This is a fantasy.

Reactions: Morrison and DaveG

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Seattle would be wise to focus on young assets (Picks, prospects, etc) and affordable veterans they can flip at the '22 trade deadline (Gio and Johnny are both way too expensive for this). When it comes to the Flames Seattle should just pick the best player or grab a pick and choose a lesser player.

I don't think they're going to be able to repeat Vegas' first year success so they're going to have to go their own way and build something based on a new plan.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Johnny Gaudreau

When I read the post I assumed initially that Gaudreau was the cookie they got for choosing 38 year old Gio instead of a useful asset. Then I read the ask from Seattle and LOL'ed. Hard

Reactions: DaveG

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Johnny Gaudreau

reality check needed.

Seattle isn’t trading a 1st for 30+ orUFAs to be.

Reactions: Morrison

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Johnny Gaudreau

This is brutal for Seattle. Absolutely brutal .

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Johnny wants to sign in east coast if you believe the rumor mill.

Seattle is 3000 miles away from east coast.

Reactions: Morrison

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
Not in line with the speculation I've seen around Carolina's choices. They traded Fleury so they could protect Bean. Will protect Slavin, Pesce, Bean. Hamilton and team are reportedly far apart on contract comparables and will likely be unsigned at expansion draft so no need to protect.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Johnny Gaudreau

In pretty much every possible angle you have brutalized this proposal.

I think you need to take some time to consider your conduct and contemplate never making a proposal again.

Just curious are you by chance a Flames fan?

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Doesn't make sense for either team. Seattle isn't likely to compete right off the bat, so giving up 1sts isn't good.

As for Calgary, way too much risk to trade their best player for a pick when you can't guarantee it will be high. Flames should be trying to get Johnny signed to an extension.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Seattle is known for their hipster culture, so I'm sure they will make it a priority to have their team home grown.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why would an expansion team look to add aging vets for draft picks?
They aren't likely to be as good as Vegas was in year 1

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Username checks out. This is a Mike Smith level of a proposal.

:huh: I don't think it's Vezina worthy at all?

Anyways, I am pretty sure the Kraken aren't trading their 1st round picks anytime soon... especially for 2 players that can leave in a year and one of those players is more likely to retire at the age of 38 at the expiry of his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad