Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PHI] Claude Giroux (@50%), Connor Bunnaman, German Rubtsov, 2024 5th for Owen Tippett, 2024 1st round pick, 2023 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Panthers are a joke. Can't wait to see them choke.
neat. do you have anything positive to say? all you do is talk shit about other teams.

you are the same poster that said FLA is soft as baby oil.

Sam Bennett
Patric Hornqvist
Noel Acciari
Mason Marchment
Ben Chiarot
Radko Gudas
Robert Hagg
Petteri Linbohm
Ryan Lomberg

that doesn't sound like a soft team to me. FLA is plenty prepared to respond to physicality instead of folding like a paper bag. maybe you missed the TBL-FLA series last year? FLA subtracted Yandle, added Reinhart, Lundell, Giroux, and Chairot among others. Hopefully Ekblad is ready by game 1.

top 9 is easily top 3 in the league, likely #1. pretty neat to see betting odds panthers win ECF at +250 and SCF at +600. what a time to be alive!

Vergaeghe-Barkov-Giroux
Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair
Marchment-Lundell-Reinhart

1648065844042.png

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I agree.

Honestly the Flyers seem like a less worse version of the Oilers OBC. Like Clarke still has influence and a job, Holmgren is still there. No fresh blood.
Well said, and I too made that Oilers comparison in the Rackell thread.

The Flyers are a financial juggernaut with a rabid fanbase, and have been all my hockey watching days. Yet these dudes who have never led the franchise to success from the front office continue to hold sway (and talk trash on departed figures like Hextall with "I told you so" moments). It reeks of an old boys club that needs to be flushed top to bottom, especially now with a younger generation of players to build on.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well said, and I too made that Oilers comparison in the Rackell thread.

The Flyers are a financial juggernaut with a rabid fanbase, and have been all my hockey watching days. Yet these dudes who have never led the franchise to success from the front office continue to hold sway (and talk trash on departed figures like Hextall with "I told you so" moments). It reeks of an old boys club that needs to be flushed top to bottom, especially now with a younger generation of players to build on.

Even though the franchise hasn't won a championship in almost 50 years they've more or less been a good team since... you had the 80s during the Keenan era, then the Lindros era, even after he left they still made the playoffs pre lockout, then the Richards/Carter years and finally the Giroux era.

Major change is hard to come by when the team hasn't downright sucked and been in no. mans land, as much as that sucks.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
neat. do you have anything positive to say? all you do is talk shit about other teams.

you are the same poster that said FLA is soft as baby oil.

Sam Bennett
Patric Hornqvist
Noel Acciari
Mason Marchment
Ben Chiarot
Radko Gudas
Robert Hagg
Petteri Linbohm
Ryan Lomberg

that doesn't sound like a soft team to me. FLA is plenty prepared to respond to physicality instead of folding like a paper bag. maybe you missed the TBL-FLA series last year? FLA subtracted Yandle, added Reinhart, Lundell, Giroux, and Chairot among others. Hopefully Ekblad is ready by game 1.

top 9 is easily top 3 in the league, likely #1. pretty neat to see betting odds panthers win ECF at +250 and SCF at +600. what a time to be alive!

Vergaeghe-Barkov-Giroux
Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair
Marchment-Lundell-Reinhart

View attachment 520776
Barkov is the farthest thing from soft as well fwiw. He doesn’t run around looking for hits but he plays heavy

Reactions: drktmplr12

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
This trade is looking a lot better right about now.

The entire Flyers forum spent weeks before Giroux was traded pleading not to trade with Florida so Tippett wasn’t the add on in addition to the first. While I can’t say I knew that much about him at that point, I admittedly took the word of the crowd and joined in.

This is obviously coming after a good run of play by Owen, but he is not only playing well… he’s looking like he has the upside of a seriously elite player. The size and speed along with that shot are a rare combination. We’ll see how it plays out, but it is looking awfully good for the Flyers right now and they haven’t even made the 1st round pick yet.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

The entire Flyers forum spent weeks before Giroux was traded pleading not to trade with Florida so Tippett wasn’t the add on in addition to the first. While I can’t say I knew that much about him at that point, I admittedly took the word of the crowd and joined in.

This is obviously coming after a good run of play by Owen, but he is not only playing well… he’s looking like he has the upside of a seriously elite player. The size and speed along with that shot are a rare combination. We’ll see how it plays out, but it is looking awfully good for the Flyers right now and they haven’t even made the 1st round pick yet.
Would rather have Giroux

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Tippett is the type of player that fans here always seem to absolutely hate, right up until they actually find their footing, and then they immediately become "untouchable". :laugh:

It gets parroted often...but sometimes it really does just take these big strong fast toolsy goal-scoring wingers a bit longer to get their bearings and acclimatize to the smaller margins that their physical tools provide them at the NHL level compared to Jrs. But when they do figure it out, eventually they realize that they do still have a noticeable edge in physical tools over most other players, and they can leverage that into some really strong play that makes them pretty indispensable.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Would rather have Giroux

I'd rather have the first round pick by itself than Giroux right now. The subtraction of Giroux itself has allowed the young kids to get a chance to be put in roles that help their growth and they've done pretty well with it so far. Giroux is a great player but he's was never gonna be the "GUY" to lead a team to a cup and he's aging. It worked out Giroux is happy in his hometown and we got to enjoy his prime. It was time to move on, Tippet is a pretty decent hockey player and we've yet to use the first, so who knows how great this could actually end up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bizarre to bump a 2 year old thread to pimp up a guy putting up a pace of 52 points with the Flyers, both this year and last year.

Am I saying he’s bad? Absolutely not, he looks like a consistent 25-30 goal guy going forward, it’s a nice add for the Flyers. Just odd to bump this thread for that.

Although I say that because I never bought the negativity Tippett got, so what he has done with the Flyers isn’t super surprising to me. The Flyers finally gave him a chance he never got in Florida and he showed his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad