Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Jason Demers (5 Years, $4.500M AAV)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Doesn't seem that bad . Does he have protection from the expansion draft ?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chris Johnston

The right-shooting defenceman was a highly coveted commodity on the free-agent market and garnered multiple offers when the signing period opened Friday. Florida is believed to have entered the process somewhat late after the first wave of deals passed without him agreeing to one.

He wound up taking a little less than other teams were offering in order to join the Panthers, according to sources. His contract includes a $1-million signing bonus payable right away and a limited eight-team no-trade clause over the first four seasons.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/source-panthers-demers-agree-5-year-22-5-million-contract/

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
4.5M per is a good deal for him. He's a good #3 when he's on, but when he's off, he's pretty bad.

Florida's looking really good now. Their window will probably open in the next couple of years, I'd think.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
I think it'll start to become a trend that teams that play in a State with no tax can offer less money and still get the player.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A while ago i would've thought at that low AAV the Stars would try to keep him but after seeing him in the playoffs it was probably better not to re-sign him and bet on the kids long-term.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The years where the Panthers were the laughing stock of the NHL are lone gone!

Good job, guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad