Confirmed Trade: [FLA/DAL] Reece Scarlett for Ludwig Bystrom

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I think one of them is a classical composer who was big back in the day.
coming from the industry yourself, i trust you. Still tipping on 44s?

The names in this trades are nuts, but they'll never be as big as Clifford Pu.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’ll post a thorough analysis of this trade in a couple days explaining why the Stars won this trade.

Finally some big trades in the NHL.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I still remember a couple of years ago when Dan Rosen was doing his 30 in 30 crap, he mentioned that Reece Scarlett had a chance to crack the Devils opening night lineup. Is it any wonder he's always wrong?

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
bystrom-scarlett171110.jpg

Man, his shoulders looks goombah-huge!

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Scarlett plays a nicely economical game but too tentative and not physical enough. A much weaker Paul Martin-type.

He probably had a real chance to crack the Devils two camps in a row (out of sheer lack of depth) and he basically blew it twice and had brutal camps. Was excited when we drafted him out of the WHL but he fizzled out in the minors.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I feel like Reece Scarlett has been around for what feels like ages, but I'm wrong on that--drafted in 2011, overage years in the WHL, a few with Albany, and then Florida for part of a season and now Dallas.

Likely just an AHL player at this point, but I remember there being some measure of optimism with him a few years back after putting up pretty good AHL stats after making the jump.

Bystrom I know nothing about--funny considering he was the higher pick (2nd round v. sixth)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like Reece Scarlett has been around for what feels like ages, but I'm wrong on that--drafted in 2011, overage years in the WHL, a few with Albany, and then Florida for part of a season and now Dallas.

Likely just an AHL player at this point, but I remember there being some measure of optimism with him a few years back after putting up pretty good AHL stats after making the jump.

Bystrom I know nothing about--funny considering he was the higher pick (2nd round v. sixth)

He had some great years in the WHL but he was notoriously skinny. He had a lot of trouble putting on weight no matter how hard he tried which didn't help his case to make the NHL.

Feb 24, 2017
Is this going to be some “meme” thread that stays alive forever because it’s so hilarious to see minor trades?

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
This is the best kind of trade. A proper hockey trade! One for one, skill for skill.

This year's Subban for Weber trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2