OT: FLA All-Time Number Team: #14 (VOTING HAS BEEN RE-OPENED, CLOSES ON 1/27, VOTE NOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik

Last edited:

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
I really like the Wizard, but I got to go with Barnes on this one.

EDIT: I briefly met and shook hands with Stu on Saturday night. He was working the Stars game in place of Brent Severyn.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It might be close between Stu & the Wiz, but I went with the original goal scorer Stuuuuuu.

Part of one of the best trades in team history coming over from WIN for Randy Gilhen, what a steal! :handclap:

Good '94 & '95 season, and an even better '96 with a great showing in the Finals run.
'96 - 72 GP, 19 G, 25 A, 44 PTS, 46 PIMS, -12
playoffs - GP 22, 6 G, 10 A, 16 PTS, 4 PIMS

Traded early in '97 along with Wooley to BUF in exchange for Chris Wells. That just hurt! :shakehead

The Wiz was good for sure, and it probably will hurt his vote total that he wasn't on better Panther teams. Also I feel that his point totals here might be inflated a bit from playing with Bure.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Tough so toughhhh. Three horse race to me and 4th-5th guys have merit too. This does not feel like the average run of the mill poll.

Does someone have point per game numbers to compare?? Other numbers to show as well?

I'm leaning to one guy maybe by 2-5% window.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tough so toughhhh. Three horse race to me and 4th-5th guys have merit too. This does not feel like the average run of the mill poll.

Does someone have point per game numbers to compare?? Other numbers to show as well?

Just looking quick, Whitney probably has a better PPG than Stu.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Whitney: 273 GP, 97 goals, 130 assists, 227 PTS, 0.832 PPG (all-time 2nd PPG after Bure's 1.126).

Barnes: 191 GP, 49 goals, 72 assists, 121 PTS, 0.634 PPG (all-time 16th PPG).

Dvorak: 613 GP, 113 goals, 155 assists, 268 PTS, 0.437 PPG (all-time 52nd PPG).

Playoff points aren't counted.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Voted for the Wiz, but didn't Dvo also wear number 19?

I think he did. That's why I'm having trouble choosing Stu Barnes and Ray Whitney.

Barnes was awesome for us, and one of my first hockey cards when I started collecting them as a kindegartna. But Ray Whitney is probably the most underrated hockey player ever.

I want to vote Barnes, and have no problem if he takes this one, but Ray Whitney deserves some recognition somewhere dammit.

I guess this comes down to who would I choose to add to any given roster.

PR, could you keep this open for a lil while longer?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Sucks about the Radek votes, he does get another shot soon. And he probably will win that one.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Wasn't that his main number /most recent last run which was likely his best tenure ?? I'm not greatest with numbers. Didn't he wear higher number too ?

When he came into the league (95-96) he wore number 9. Technically, he had his best season with the Panthers point wise wearing number 19 (43 pts. in 98-99). In his last stint with the team, he came close to that point total (42pts in 08-09) wearing number 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad