OT: FLA All-Time Number Team: #13 (VOTING HAS BEEN RE-OPENED, CLOSES ON 1/27, VOTE NOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I feel like this is going to be a close one between Santo - Kolnik.

Hummed & Hawd over this quite a bit, but in the end I went with Kolnik (which is surprising because I was probably one of Santo's biggest surporters when he was here).

Despite having a good eye around the net, I think it was Kolnik's skating that limitted him at the NHL level.

His best season was after the lockout, in '06
77 GP, 15 G, 20 A, 35 PTS, 40 PIMS, +1

Although Santo had a decent season in '11, he could never build on that despite being decent at the draw and having good wheels.
'11 - 82 GP, 20 G, 21 A, 41 PTS, 20 PIMS, -17

You'd almost think #13 is unlucky as a Panther :sarcasm:

Couldn't find a video on Kolnik here, but here's a nice tribute to Santo

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This was a bit tough as I remember Kolnik being a player who gave a lot of effort. I have more memories of Santorelli because of him being a Panther more recently, so I went with him as another player who played hard.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I don't believe Santo came up short of expectations persay. Similiar to Booth what was really expected of those guys on depleted rosters too ? Expectations got too high and was not based in reality. Players like Olesz, McCardle, Stewart, Meyer, couple Russian/Czech/Solviak wingers that elude my mind right now... Those players DID NOT MEET expectations.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Man, I had high hopes for Stewart. Looks like even his brother flamed out fast in the NHL. Chris looked to be a legit PWF, but now is lucky to get one year deals.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Kolnik might have the Panthers record for playing with the shortest stick? That's the only argument I have to support my choice.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I remember Kolnik played outstanding on a line with a certain player. It's been bugging me since last night. I want to say it was Gratton? Does anyone remember?

I think it was Gratton. He had a period of time where he was a really good shutdown center and added a little scoring. Kolnik profited of that

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
After people have failed to vote within the 24 hours originally set for these threads, the time has now been extended and future numbers will have a longer vote time as well.

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad