U20: Five Nations Tournament in Chomutov, Czech Republic (7-12 November)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Team has only 3-4 players who will be on the actual WJC team

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Majority of our WJC guys are in NA, but I can still se some who will go or can go.

The D still looks decent.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Majority of our WJC guys are in NA, but I can still se some who will go or can go.

The D still looks decent.
1698596050208.png

I highlighted guys that I think have a chance of making Xmas. I don't expect this team to do well at this tourney. I, in fact, expect them to get smoked. However, that is a nice D core with a very poor forward core. I know nothing about Holinka but he got a B rating last week from CSS. Curious how he is deployed and how he does.

Reactions: Goodman68

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Completely missed Tomas Volevecky got snubbed lol. Like what the hell, 6'4" goaltender who singlehandedly brought Slavia back to life in the Chance league, but let's take all these sub 6'0" goalies who are playing in the crap junior league instead. He is the only goalie who should have an outside shot to make the WJC squad, but apparently he isn't good enough for this terrible Euro-only squad in the first place. :laugh:

czech

Feb 23, 2009
View attachment 759827

I highlighted guys that I think have a chance of making Xmas. I don't expect this team to do well at this tourney. I, in fact, expect them to get smoked. However, that is a nice D core with a very poor forward core. I know nothing about Holinka but he got a B rating last week from CSS. Curious how he is deployed and how he does.
I agree with you about the players you highlighted. But I would also pay attention to Matej Mastalirsky, who has already scored 3 points in 5 games in the Extraliga.

Reactions: Czechboy

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Reactions: Antiillafire

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I really dont like how czechs look so far. So many stupid and naive plays. We gonna get smashed by Finns and Swedes with if we play like this.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Sure you are, it's a pointless tournament for Czechia and Slovakia this year
I'd say it's just about how well or poorly a few players who have hopes of playing in the WJC. No one can really expect good results. We were weak in this tournament last year as well.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
With the players we have, we should win this tourney. Unfortunely, there is a coaching issue so i cant expect too much.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Linguistic question to our czech friends:
CZE vs Slovakia is Česko vs Slovensko, every well-educated international hockey fan should know that ;)

But when CZE has to play Slovenia: Česko vs ??

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
So, after some research - correct me if I'm wrong!:

in Czech:
CZE-SVK Česko vs Slovensko
CZE-SLOČesko vs Slovinsko
SVK-SLOSlovensko vs Slovinsko
in Slovakian:
SVK-CZESlovensko vs Česká
SLO-CZESlovinsko vs Česká
in Slovenian:
SLO-SVKSlovenija vs Slovaška
SLO-CZESlovenija vs Češka
SVK-CZESlovaška vs Češka

Last edited:

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
So, after some research - correct me if I'm wrong!:

in Czech:
CZE-SVKČesko vs Slovensko
CZE-SLOČesko vs Slovinsko
in Slovakian:
SVK-CZESlovensko vs Česká
SLO-CZESlovinsko vs Česká
in Slovenian:
SLO-SVKSlovenija vs Slovaška
SLO-CZESlovenija vs Češka
SVK-CZESlovaška vs Češka
You may say Česko also in Slovakian language. Fun fact: Slovaks called Czechia "Česko" long before Czechs did, in fact since the split in 1992. At that time Czechs considered "Česko" as stylistically incorrect arguing that Czech Republic was composed of Bohemian (Czech) and Moravian part.

Reactions: THE JAM

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slovakia beats Switzerland 7-4. So looks like Czech game could decide who finished 3rd?

Slovak goaltending hasn’t been great this tournament. I expect Urban to have the edge over others for backup behind Gajan

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad