Confirmed with Link: Fitz signs multi year extension as GM, promoted to president of hockey operations

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
IMG_4871.gif

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm fine with it, it's not like he can't be fired if it ever has to come to that and not like our owners of like 7 professional teams can't afford to fire him if they ever have to.

The Tomfather is absolutely cringe though, social media doesn't always have to be so try hard. Grow up.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'll echo exactly what I said in the team thread:

Extremely well deserved. He has set us up very well for prolonged success, and has done his damndest since taking over to stabilize the goaltending position. He's far from alone around the league in having that issue. And even if that is still on his to-do list, we have young goalies in the pipeline who might be able to take the reins eventually.

I'm fairly confident in his direction and how he has approached filling the needs that have come up since he's been in charge.

The irony is that this is what finally gets Fitz in front of the media again lol

Is it that common for GMs to speak mid-year? I don't recall that being the case. Maybe when a trade goes down or something, but not just for a "state of the union" type of conference. I know everyone thinks this season is up in flames, but they're not out of the race by any means. I'm sure he'll get plenty of questions today about the season, and then his responses will further aggravate the already aggravated.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I kinda thought Fitz had been president already, or at least acting president

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Is it that common for GMs to speak mid-year? I don't recall that being the case. Maybe when a trade goes down or something, but not just for a "state of the union" type of conference. I know everyone thinks this season is up in flames, but they're not out of the race by any means. I'm sure he'll get plenty of questions today about the season, and then his responses will further aggravate the already aggravated.
don't teams do a mid-year thing sometimes?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Sounds like it was maybe just an added title lol. Probably means more money for Fitzy.

It won't shock me at all to see Kate Madigan get a GM offer sooner than later. Believe she was a finalist for a job or two this offseason.
Would be awesome to not only employ the first-ever women GM (and so young at that!) but also have a more active GM within the media; Kate would be the perfect mouthpiece for Devils hockey while Fitz works behind the scenes, as he has always been clearly a little uncomfortable with that part of his role IMO

Even though shes so young she has the hockey ops experience as well, having ran things for a few years now

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I like Fitz, but if he goes Shero's uber-loyalty methodology to watch the ship sink I'll change my mind. In almost any conceivable scenario Ruff shouldn't see a second into the offseason.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I’m fine with Fitz I think Shero set him up pretty good but that was always going to be the case for whoever took over directly after Lou.

Fitz gets a pass with goalies this year imo but next year he can’t come back with another unknown Vitek 2.0 he needs an established goalie. “Well goalies like that aren’t out there” well it’s his job to find one and offer up a package to make them available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad