GDT: Fish out of Water, Return of the Zad VAN(15-8-1) @ CGY(10-10-3) 8PM HNIC

Who is the next Flames UFA traded?

• Total voters

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
whatever-sebastian-wilder.gif

Made it interesting at the end.
Would prefer not playing catch up in most games lately though.

I want more trades.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
whatever-sebastian-wilder.gif

Made it interesting at the end.
Would prefer not playing catch up in most games lately though.

I want more trades.

Conroy not capable of making trades. Perhaps best he doesn't do another one anytime soon. All GMs are on alert- there is a puppet in the room, let's take advantage of him.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Can't win when you have a 10 million dollar player not contributing on the score sheet

Zary with only 11 minutes of ice time just isn't enough
Agreed about Zary- hopefully he is just nursing that injury. He should nick 1/3 of Mangiapanne's ice time. Not sure why Huska played him almost 13 mins tonight... Also, Ruzicka had a good game- but played him only 8... Huska needs to adjust a bit quicker to steal more points.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Backlund is so awesome man. Absolute class. Great interview on After Hours
Don't have a ton to say about this one. That last minute goal in the 2nd was the back breaker. Didn't think either team played all that well.

Good : Liked Ruz, thought he played well. Rewarded with a powerplay pt on a nice pass to the netfront. Also not sure why he played so little. Zary continues to make plays. Ras was probably our best dman but that's not saying much. Backlund some real strong shifts and nice possession plays.

Not bad : Kadri scored a goal, had some chances, causing some chaos in the OZ. Dube... man I dunno with this player. This hot/cold/cold/cold thing is getting old. He tries hard but made a bunch of poor passes. Lindholm I thought was crap for 2 periods, just lazy, didn't want the puck. Had a nice 3rd tho. Oesterle made some good outlets. Tanev was steady. Huberdeau didn't do enough, but not a total loss either. Came close to scoring a couple goals.

OK: Markstrom 1st shot goes in again, but after that was pretty good. Sharangovich just a step slow on his decisions a lot, nice slap pass to Lindy down low to setup the 2nd GF. Greer? Maybe throw a hit. That's what 4th line wingers do. Coleman meh

Not good : Gilbert needs to sit I think. That 3rd goal just waves at the puck instead of clearing net body on body. Like his gumption but overmatched too often. Pospisil didn't skate well, thought the penalty was a little weak but give EP a chance and he'll dive at it. Hanifin just standing there on the PP like he was buffering I find..mildly infuriating.

Bad : Mangiapane stunk. Hate to say it because I like the kid and I like the drafting and developing story he had but I think he got his big multi million dollar deal and put his feet up. Not doing the things that got him that contract. Weegar was also crap, but not quite as bad.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Backlund is so awesome man. Absolute class. Great interview on After Hours
Don't have a ton to say about this one. That last minute goal in the 2nd was the back breaker. Didn't think either team played all that well.

Good : Liked Ruz, thought he played well. Rewarded with a powerplay pt on a nice pass to the netfront. Also not sure why he played so little. Zary continues to make plays. Ras was probably our best dman but that's not saying much. Backlund some real strong shifts and nice possession plays.

Not bad : Kadri scored a goal, had some chances, causing some chaos in the OZ. Dube... man I dunno with this player. This hot/cold/cold/cold thing is getting old. He tries hard but made a bunch of poor passes. Lindholm I thought was crap for 2 periods, just lazy, didn't want the puck. Had a nice 3rd tho. Oesterle made some good outlets. Tanev was steady. Huberdeau didn't do enough, but not a total loss either. Came close to scoring a couple goals.

OK: Markstrom 1st shot goes in again, but after that was pretty good. Sharangovich just a step slow on his decisions a lot, nice slap pass to Lindy down low to setup the 2nd GF. Greer? Maybe throw a hit. That's what 4th line wingers do. Coleman meh

Not good : Gilbert needs to sit I think. That 3rd goal just waves at the puck instead of clearing net body on body. Like his gumption but overmatched too often. Pospisil didn't skate well, thought the penalty was a little weak but give EP a chance and he'll dive at it. Hanifin just standing there on the PP like he was buffering I find..mildly infuriating.

Bad : Mangiapane stunk. Hate to say it because I like the kid and I like the drafting and developing story he had but I think he got his big multi million dollar deal and put his feet up. Not doing the things that got him that contract. Weegar was also crap, but not quite as bad.
Great evaluation!

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Can't win when you have a 10 million dollar player not contributing on the score sheet

Zary with only 11 minutes of ice time just isn't enough

Tired of the first power play being completely ineffective while Zary looks dynamic on the second unit. He has poise and confidence belying his years and NHL experience.

Glad the kids are on the roster but would rather they have longer leashes and more consistent deployment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad