First Sabre on a long-term deal to demand out.

First Sabre on a long-term deal to demand out.

• Dahlin

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Thompson

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Samuelsson

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Cozens

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Power

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • No one

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Don't like the poll, but another bad year in 2024-25 and we will be at this moment.

I left Skinner out because he is not going anywhere and has said it before. My prediction is that Thompson will be the first to look to get out.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Dahlin makes the most sense. He is a #1 overall pick and a fierce competitor. He doesn't have ties to the area, doesn't have a grouping of close friends on the team (especially with Casey being traded), and is spending his prime years wasting away here.

Thompson - Was given the opportunities in Buffalo to excel, got a decent contract, and has children and a wife who has already had to overcome cancer. This area is great for kids, and we have close proximity to Roswell, Cleveland Clinic, etc if the need ever arises. That matters.

Samuelsson - Got a nice secure contract, seems to be a fixture of this group of players. If his play recovers, he may want opportunity for more minutes elsewhere, but he is probably an okay middle pairing defenseman or a great #5.

Cozens - He grew up in the middle of nowhere, so hopefully Buffalo doesn't seem too bad. He has friends that he grew up with on he team.

Power - Owen Power could eventually want to be a number 1 elsewhere, but I don't see it happening before Dahlin needs to get out.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
This definitely isn’t at all an unnecessary, toxic thread.
Ehh, we are back in offseason mode. Corporations do scenario planning and analysis all the time to prepare for likely outcomes, and as a fan base, it can help some of us prepare as well. It helps put a time frame in place, with the understanding that being mired in futility has consequences on the roster. The front office has shown no sense of urgency in their actions, but knowing that this inevitability is around the corner can help fans apply pressure (ie Fire Donnie chants, etc). Fans of a dysfunctional franchise all cope differently; if you don't want to consume this content, stay in different thread.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Ehh, we are back in offseason mode. Corporations do scenario planning and analysis all the time to prepare for likely outcomes, and as a fan base, it can help some of us prepare as well. It helps put a time frame in place, with the understanding that being mired in futility has consequences on the roster. The front office has shown no sense of urgency in their actions, but knowing that this inevitability is around the corner can help fans apply pressure (ie Fire Donnie chants, etc). Fans of a dysfunctional franchise all cope differently; if you don't want to consume this content, stay in different thread.

Exactly. Sticking your head in the sand does not help. I renewed my season tickets but I'm worried about the continuing trend of Pegula not being willing to go the extra mile on his budget, and you have to think players see that, too.

This definitely isn’t at all an unnecessary, toxic thread.

Is that you Mike H. I know most toxic fan base in NHL. Actually, this is the most patient fan base in the NHL.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Exactly. Sticking your head in the sand does not help. I renewed my season tickets but I'm worried about the continuing trend of Pegula not being willing to go the extra mile on his budget, and you have to think players see that, too.

Is that you Mike H. I know most toxic fan base in NHL. Actually, this is the most patient fan base in the NHL.
Which players? Sure isn’t Dahlin, Skinner, Thompson, Cozens, Power, or Samuelson…

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Dahlin makes the most sense. He is a #1 overall pick and a fierce competitor. He doesn't have ties to the area, doesn't have a grouping of close friends on the team (especially with Casey being traded), and is spending his prime years wasting away here.

Thompson - Was given the opportunities in Buffalo to excel, got a decent contract, and has children and a wife who has already had to overcome cancer. This area is great for kids, and we have close proximity to Roswell, Cleveland Clinic, etc if the need ever arises. That matters.

Samuelsson - Got a nice secure contract, seems to be a fixture of this group of players. If his play recovers, he may want opportunity for more minutes elsewhere, but he is probably an okay middle pairing defenseman or a great #5.

Cozens - He grew up in the middle of nowhere, so hopefully Buffalo doesn't seem too bad. He has friends that he grew up with on he team.

Power - Owen Power could eventually want to be a number 1 elsewhere, but I don't see it happening before Dahlin needs to get out.

Dahlin is certainly the most wasted on this franchise at the moment. So as far as who should want to be the first out it is definitely Rasmus and I cannot blame him. He is likely the player this team would miss most if he left.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If there is no playoffs next year and Adams is given a sixth crack at it…all of them. And the fans with them.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
We aren't at that point.....yet.

I think this summer is definitely a 'show me' summer.

I doubt it's lost on the players that they had 6M+ in excess cap space unused this year, and even more last year when they missed the playoffs by a single point.

If they come back to training camp next year and there hasn't been a significant investment in the team, I have to think the players will be miffed.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Which players? Sure isn’t Dahlin, Skinner, Thompson, Cozens, Power, or Samuelson…

The entire team watches what happens for trades. There clearly was buy-in for the Byram trade, but they also know Pegula isn't maxing out the cap. This is now the norm in Buffalo. Look at 2020-21, 21-22, 22-23, 23-24...He ran out of wells

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
A few fans in here talking about Skinner staying forever. Maybe I'm generalizing how the average pro player feels, but 1000 games without a sniff at playing for the cup would change my tune pretty quick. Would he want out? Not sure, but I can see more years of being stuck in the mud leading to him asking to play for a contender. Will they want him and his dogshit play away from the puck? I don't see it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad