Series Talk: First Round: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So what you're saying is if we don't win tomorrow we have every right to panic? ;)

@Andy99 response

tenor.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, yes it's not necessarily a "fair" assessment, but I'm getting really tired of Geno's constant injuries. It's getting to the point you just can't rely on him to be healthy anymore. So often he's either out completely or he plays but is at 50% because he's playing through something that severely affects his performance.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Also, yes it's not necessarily a "fair" assessment, but I'm getting really tired of Geno's constant injuries. It's getting to the point you just can't rely on him to be healthy anymore. So often he's either out completely or he plays but is at 50% because he's playing through something that severely affects his performance.

That's why I was hoping to target Reinhart this summer. It'd a make the transition a lot easier if Malkin has another injury-plagued year.

I don't think Malkin's lost his talent at all. But he's in his mid-30s and like you say the injuries are getting more frequent, and when he returns there's a lot of time getting back to form.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don't think any of these injuries could have been prevented so no it's not fair. But reality being what it is, if he gets another deal I would be comfortable with 6-7M range, no more than that. Maybe 2-3 years to close out his career here. He's definitely worth that and is still a game-changer when he's healthy. No matter what any of these ignorant yinzers say on social media.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
You're not going to be able to afford to give both of your top centers, top wingers. That's just the reality though. If Geno can't make it work with Kap + 1, that's just too bad. /shrug Luckily, when healthy, I think Geno+Kap is just fine. I'd really like to round that line out, like you said, with a different type of guy than we have available currently. Hyman, Coleman, and even Bennett would probably be fantastic on line 2.

you don’t have to give them the top wingers if you give them players that fit. Crosby doesn’t need a rust on his RW just like Malkin doesn’t need a Jake on his LW. But you have to find guys like sheary who fit the style for the line. And for Malkin I think that’s a tanev or hyman like guy. I wish jordy would have panned out a bit better. He seemed to have that agressive forechecking style.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
from somewhere that uses a comma instead of period = anything you say is invalid

Give your comment at least a moment of thought before you hit "Post reply", and you might come up with some legitimately useful thought. Like for example: I may be from a part of the world and from a culture where they separate decimal points with commas.

Besides, your comment shows that you have nothing of substance to say about the subject matter of my post. Which in turn means that my argument is probably valid and my view is probably right.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So, are we trying to game the Isles into believing Geno won't play tomorrow or what?

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
I think we can win vs islanders without him, id rather keep him out this round so he can heal up and be ready if we play Boston.. If Boston looses I think we can beat caps without him as well. Rest him up then too.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Give your comment at least a moment of thought before you hit "Post reply", and you might come up with some legitimately useful thought. Like for example: in the English language you indeed separate decimal places with commas, and you use a period for decimal points.
Missing a preposition and an article there, Edgar Allan Poe.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
I think we can win vs islanders without him, id rather keep him out this round so he can heal up and be ready if we play Boston.. If Boston looses I think we can beat caps without him as well. Rest him up then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad