First Round: #4 Rimouski vs. #13 Gatineau

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Some good chirping going on between Gatineau and Rimouski's coaches ...

Beausoleil said his team weren't favorites coming into the series (injuries) .. and Groulx came back with

jf plante ‏@jfplante_Droit 27 min
Mais ça commence comme ça: «Beausoleil, il y a 2 choses qu'il aime beaucoup faire. Parler et s'acheter le journal le lendemain pour se lire»

"Beausoleil, there are two things he loves to do. Talking and buying the newspaper the next day to read himself."

Lol.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Game 1 - Fri Mar 22 | 7:30 PM | Gatineau 2 @ Rimouski 3

Game 2 - Sat Mar 23 | 4:00 PM | Gatineau 5 @ Rimouski 3

Game 3 - Tue Mar 26 | 7:30 PM | Rimouski @ Gatineau

Game 4 - Wed Mar 27 | 7:30 PM | Rimouski @ Gatineau

Game 5 - Fri Mar 29 | 7:30 PM | * Gatineau @ Rimouski

Game 6 - Sun Mar 31 | 4:00 PM | * Rimouski @ Gatineau

Game 7 - Tue Apr 2 | 7:30 PM | * Gatineau @ Rimouski

Series Tied 1-1

Last edited:

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I think Gatineau might have a shot in this series. I picked Rimouski in 5, but if Gatineau wins 2 of 3 at home they could steal this one. As a Moose fan, I'm rooting for them. But am I? Other than 1 period this year (3rd period in Gatineau), The Olympiques have played the Moose tough this year.

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
series

If you watch I believe the first or second goal rim scored was offside by a stride or 2...i find the liney's in the Q are sometimes a little late getting to the line to make the call...all that being said if Gat sticks to game plan and keeps frustrating Rim then they definately have a shot...Grundy has to stay oon the ice...he was Gatineaus best player:yo:

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I think Gatineau might have a shot in this series. I picked Rimouski in 5, but if Gatineau wins 2 of 3 at home they could steal this one. As a Moose fan, I'm rooting for them. But am I? Other than 1 period this year (3rd period in Gatineau), The Olympiques have played the Moose tough this year.

Undefeated at the Metro Centre.

:ghost2:

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Beausoleil is still prattling on. His team is going to fly off the rails if he doesn't reign in his emotions.

The playoff experience at The Bob is going to do him no favours either.

:ghost2:

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Well, maybe Beausoliel should concentrate on just hockey now ...

Gatineau takes the lead with another game at the Bob tomorrow.

Game 1 - Fri Mar 22 | 7:30 PM | Gatineau 2 @ Rimouski 3

Game 2 - Sat Mar 23 | 4:00 PM | Gatineau 5 @ Rimouski 3

Game 3 - Tue Mar 26 | 7:30 PM | Rimouski 4 @ Gatineau 6

Game 4 - Wed Mar 27 | 7:30 PM | Rimouski @ Gatineau

Gatineau leads series 2-1

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'd love to take in a playoff game at the Bob ... Sounds nuts ...

Go Hull! ... Although, if the Bob is as crazy as it sounds, maybe I'll go for Rimouski so the Moose can avoid the dreaded Olympique :)

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS

Go Hull! ... Although, if the Bob is as crazy as it sounds, maybe I'll go for Rimouski so the Moose can avoid the dreaded Olympique :)

I think I'd rather take my chances with Gatineau and avoid the dreaded Oceanic. But we haven't had much playoff success against either team.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR

The Bob is full of ghosts at any time, but during the playoffs the Ghost of Robert Guertin himself comes out to terrorise opposing goalies.

A playoff game at the Bob should be on any hockey fan's bucket list.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
The Bob is full of ghosts at any time, but during the playoffs the Ghost of Robert Guertin himself comes out to terrorise opposing goalies.

A playoff game at the Bob should be on any hockey fan's bucket list.

Went to a playoff game in Giroux's last year with them when they won the championship... That place was electric, helps that it's that "old style barn" type of arena.. Definitely a cool place to watch some good hockey..

Do you know if this series is televised in Ottawa? Don't think I'll be able to make it to a game in this series, but if they win I'll for sure catch a game in the next round...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad