Pre-Game Talk: First Battle of (Crippled) Ontario of 2013 - Sens @ Leafs - Dave Keon returns to ACC

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
uhh isn't Frattin supposed to be out for minimum 1 week

fixed ^^

Yup. Apparently this is the new standard reply to the media by the club.

By saying "minimum" they're not committing to a target date and it's an open ended date, lol... pretty clever me thinks.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hughson, Simpson and Healy are in Winnipeg tonight.

Hoping against hope that they don't show up to ACC tomorrow.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Why does it matter if Keon wants his number retired completely? What's he going to do if MLSE raises it up? Not talk to us again for years? Oh wells.

anyway - ugh to the pre-game, Keon or not. Congrats on the 50th anniversary 63 team

paradeofwolves

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
uhh isn't Frattin supposed to be out for 1 week

Mirtle article I read had Carlyle quoted as saying minimum of a week and that he hoped to be playing before the end of the month.

Also from Mirtle's twitter:
Leafs have put Matt Frattin on IR. Carlyle made it sound like they're hoping he's back by end of month, so expect much longer than a week.

Of course this is just one opinion but I doubt think he'll be out for just 1 week. Hope that comes true though.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Why does it matter if Keon wants his number retired completely? What's he going to do if MLSE raises it up? Not talk to us again for years? Oh wells.

To be honest, If that what it takes, Then that's what it takes.

He quite arguably the best player to play for us. It's the #14 as well, It's not a particularly "sexy" number like #7 or #9.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Today show ....Dave Keon Returns and retiring numbers , Leafs without Riemer, and oh Dion my captain.

itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/leaf-matters/id577173646?mt=2

MP3
http://podalmighty.com/index.php/component/k2/item/169-leaf-matters

podcast.png

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
That Cooke incident was brutal; it feels bad taking advantage of it as a team that faces them post the incident. With that said; we've had our own share of unfortunate luck. Last season was derailed due to a midget head hunting our goalie.

Go leafs! We could use a win; but losing Frattin when already down Lupul... is just brutal. Especially with our starter sidelined; when showing signs of getting over his last injury. MacArthur ruins every line he touches; McClement should never be above the 3rd line.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
KEON?

HOLY ****!!!!

Who cares about the game, is Keon really coming back? You know what this means, the Curse of Keon is over! Hang him up in the rafters too! Just be like oh hey, now that you're here by chance, we just so happen to have your banner ready, we'll raise it as a surprise.

WE NEED THIS MORE THAN THE WIN ON SATURDAY FOR OUR LEAFS FUTURE.

I agree; heck... retire 3 numbers for the guy if it helps! :laugh:

jughead42*

I can't believe Keon is coming back. He's a bit before my time, but my dad was hearbroken over the fact he was so bitter towards the leafs. I only wish he could have lived long enough to see this, it would have meant a lot to him. I'm surprised there isn't more hype about his return, I know it's something I thought we'd never see. The suits in attendance better show their proper respects for how big this occasion is and the players better realize it too. If they do, I see a certain victory. Time to make a deposit on bet365 for this one, there's no way we crap the bed with Keon in the house.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I can't believe Keon is coming back. He's a bit before my time, but my dad was hearbroken over the fact he was so bitter towards the leafs. I only wish he could have lived long enough to see this, it would have meant a lot to him. I'm surprised there isn't more hype about his return, I know it's something I thought we'd never see. The suits in attendance better show their proper respects for how big this occasion is and the players better realize it too. If they do, I see a certain victory. Time to make a deposit on bet365 for this one, there's no way we crap the bed with Keon in the house.

Keon came back for 2007 as well, so that might be why the buzz isn't as big

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Hello other Ontario team fans,

Just thought I'd stop by and give you a little update on the opposition. Today the Sens called up Eric Gryba, David Dzuirzynski and Derek Grant. Gryba and DD (as he is affectionately called on the Sens board) are noted for their pugnacity, testosterone and belligerence. DD is being some what groomed to be a Chris Neil type player. Gryba is hopefully a future Carkner but needs a lot more fighting experience to be even remotely the same player. Lacks foot speed but he's a big lad with the ability to be a physical type of defender.

Its not really a coincidence that they've been called up for this game against what I would consider one of the tougher teams in the NHL right now. After losing Karlsson, Ottawa has to change its tactics and be ready to protect the many young players in our line up. We're probably about to become a dump and chase instead of possesion team.

Expect a spirited and physical affair. Ottawa may be looking for a fight, though maybe that's not the greatest idea given who Toronto employs but we need some kind of spark with the direction our season is headed. Hopefully, this ignites the rivalry *fingers crossed*.

PS: what's the latest on Frattin? I'd like to pick him up for my fantasy team.

Cheers, Leaf fans.

Have him start with Brown in the first, then tackle McLaren in the 2nd, and top it off with the Championship Match in the third. Win or lose as long as he survives he'll be getting his experience.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Who the **** is keon?? Sorry, I became a leaf fan since 2007

Dave Keon. Leafs great. Read up on the Leafs history if you ever have time. Lots of great players and teams that every fan should know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad