Fire Luke Richardson

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Can anyone tell me anything, literally anything, that Luke Richardson has done at even an acceptable coaching level? Like this guy is an absolute joke.
I don't know, refusing to let the teams elite, franchise player play his position, in a season that should be about growing the young talent, seems pretty astute.:banghead:

Yes, we know your view already. Quit repeating it, Hawks management isn't listening.
Gee, Bobby speaking up to tell someone else to shut up. That almost never happens.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I don't know, refusing to let the teams elite, franchise player play his position, in a season that should be about growing the young talent, seems pretty astute.:banghead:
Bedard has played like a handful of periods cumulatively on the wing, I'm not a Richardson fan but he objectively has given Bedard a lot of runway as a center this year

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Bedard has played like a handful of periods cumulatively on the wing, I'm not a Richardson fan but he objectively has given Bedard a lot of runway as a center this year
He takes about half the faceoffs when he's out there as a center. I know his numbers at the dot are not good, but not taking faceoffs seems like a pretty bad way to learn to take faceoffs.

It's not about winning this year, it's about learning.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why not? Can you give me a good reason he shouldn't be taking faceoffs?
To put him in easier to tackle situations still. To not put everyone on him all the time all at once. Same reason you wouldn't put him on PKs. You can develop over time. You don't need to do everything all as a rookie

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
If I'm lining up for an important draw as a wing/D and the coach puts in out our worst faceoff guy just so he can "develop", I wouldn't be too happy. Not fair to the team to put one player above the team. He wants to take all his faceoffs? Get better at them. I think him taking half is fair.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
To put him in easier to tackle situations still. To not put everyone on him all the time all at once. Same reason you wouldn't put him on PKs. You can develop over time. You don't need to do everything all as a rookie
I'm pretty sure Bedard can handle the stress of learning to take faceoffs in the NHL.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If I'm lining up for an important draw as a wing/D and the coach puts in out our worst faceoff guy just so he can "develop", I wouldn't be too happy. Not fair to the team to put one player above the team. He wants to take all his faceoffs? Get better at them. I think him taking half is fair.
I'm not too worried about the feelings of any of the guys currently being put on the ice with Bedard.

It's about rebuilding this year, not winning.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wonder how happy Bedard is trying to make plays with plugs who can't receive passes, fumble and turn pucks over all the time, have muffin shots, and can't skate with him.

This is Bedard's team, he's better than everyone else out there. Who the hell cares about some duster borderline-NHLer's feelings?

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I'm not too worried about the feelings of any of the guys currently being put on the ice with Bedard.

I wonder how happy Bedard is trying to make plays with plugs who can't receive passes, fumble and turn pucks over all the time, have muffin shots, and can't skate with him.

This is Bedard's team, he's better than everyone else out there. Who the hell cares about some duster borderline-NHLer's feelings?
God forbid the 18 year old kid has to earn something. Sounds terrible for development.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Two options

1) Building out a culture that outlasts any current player or coach, where everyone has some degree of accountability, regardless of their draft positioning or some projection of the "future".

2) Giving every young player that comes on the roster a full season of doing all the things regardless of how much that puts them in positions to have individual success or the team's ability to battle and hang in there in the hopes that you will be able to raw force them into being in positions to excel in those spots in five years. Tell any veteran who has their own NHL career to think about to shut up and collect their paychecks because they don't matter.

Pick one, because you can't have both. I know which one I'd rather have young players come into their own into. Too many people here that think there aren't real people involved and they can just sim "Be a GM mode" on EA sports their way through a rebuild. Of course those same people that demand Bedard take every faceoff and Reichel play exclusively with the best semblance of talent will whine when the Hawks get blown out that they aren't "playing hard" or "defending properly", without the slightest semblance of irony.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"Hockey talk" that amounts to calling the coach a moron isn't hockey talk, it's name-calling.
Yes, because that's all I've posted in my 28,000 posts on here. Calling LuRich a moron. Every post. Not just 10-15 out of those 28,000. Do you ever not post braindead shit? That post to Bobby is 100% accurate. He bitches about the hockey talk. He bitches about the non-hockey talk. He bitches about everything. He's our token board "get off my lawn" guy.

Reactions: BHawks77 and Giovi

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Two options

1) Building out a culture that outlasts any current player or coach, where everyone has some degree of accountability, regardless of their draft positioning or some projection of the "future".

2) Giving every young player that comes on the roster a full season of doing all the things regardless of how much that puts them in positions to have individual success or the team's ability to battle and hang in there in the hopes that you will be able to raw force them into being in positions to excel in those spots in five years. Tell any veteran who has their own NHL career to think about to shut up and collect their paychecks because they don't matter.

Pick one, because you can't have both. I know which one I'd rather have young players come into their own into. Too many people here that think there aren't real people involved and they can just sim "Be a GM mode" on EA sports their way through a rebuild. Of course those same people that demand Bedard take every faceoff and Reichel play exclusively with the best semblance of talent will whine when the Hawks get blown out that they aren't "playing hard" or "defending properly", without the slightest semblance of irony.
I never said any player shouldn't be accountable. I said Bedard has earned the right to play center. His 56 points in 59 games speaks loudly to the fact that he has. And part of being a complete NHL center is taking faceoffs. And the only way he is going to hone that skill is, oh, I don't know, maybe by actually taking faceoffs.

Do you disagree that Bedard has earned the right to be an NHL center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad