• Igor Shesterkin

• Adam Huska

• Nils Lundkivst

• Jimmy Vesey

• Sammy Blais all star

Results are only viewable after voting.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
We could have had a first or a mid prospect. I think a middle six player. Blais seems like a 4th liner.

just my personal view but at this point i'm not sure adding another late first is something we really need. i guess as an asset to flip down the line there's some value but we already have so much prospect depth / youth already here.

i kinda view those roles as splitting hairs. good teams have 4 lines that add value. in our case we have top 6 talent, we have middle 6 guys here and lining hfd / the prospect pool. creating a "4th" line or energy / physical / personality line than can shift momentum and bring some attitude to the team was prioritized and i don't have any issue with that. look at what the isles get from their identity line. you can call them a 4th line, but they're as important to that lineup as anyone not named barzal. so if blais can combine with reaves on a line that gives us energy, and a heavy physical presence and brings an attitude to the lineup we've been missing thats a win to me.

Reactions: eco's bones

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
what much better return helps us and where would it potentially come from? our needs are at top 6 c and grit. top 6 c player or prospect was never happening.

laughable amount for reaves? a 3rd rounder? the guy is gonna be awesome...he's not a goon. he's a solid player who's gonna give us a physical presence on the ice and bring an attitude/personality we've been lacking to the bench. phenominal teammate and a veteran leader...a 3rd rounder and extending him a year on a cheap deal is a no brainer price to pay
Help? It's Sam blais. You're acting like we got some unobtainable beast of a player. Oh yea Sam was the literal only way to get grit lol.

If you don't realize a 3rd for Reaves is a laughable amount then I guess you'd make a laughable trade too. As far as physical? No shit. Everyone knows that. As far as veteran leader? Lots of vets are available every year. In fact we traded away a 2nd just to get rid of one in Staal. Almost like there's more to a player. It's his overall flaws that lead to the analysis a 3rd was a laughable amount for him.

Listing things the front office hopes he brings doesnt justify giving what we gave.

We give up a 1st "well he is a tough vet leader "

We give up 4 1sts. "Tough vet leader"

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
After this camp, if Quinn had stuck with Miller-Trouba as a top-4, his balls would have been roasted here and the narrative would be that Gallant can't adjust to reality.
Not everything Quinn did was bad. It was just pretty evident that his time here was done and it was showing in the teams play ( to most people anyway).
I’m sure Gallant will run his course in 3-4 seasons as well. Everyone has a shelf life, even the greats get fired/ mutually terminate their deals.
It’s all going to be how the team plays and if they win or don’t with the man at the helm.
Trouba-Miller had a very solid start to last season. I can see why Gallant would try to build off that and keep them together. When Miller hit the rookie wall and trouba was injured everything went to hell. It also appears that they are close together off the ice. So at least starting the year off together makes sense until it doesn’t.
Also, even the people that disliked Quinn, didn’t roast him in his first year, especially not after him getting his first 20-30 regular season games. Let alone the preseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers will make the playoffs despite all the sky-is-falling crap here because if they don't, Gallant will have failed monumentally.

This team is much better than last season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
just my personal view but at this point i'm not sure adding another late first is something we really need. i guess as an asset to flip down the line there's some value but we already have so much prospect depth / youth already here.

i kinda view those roles as splitting hairs. good teams have 4 lines that add value. in our case we have top 6 talent, we have middle 6 guys here and lining hfd / the prospect pool. creating a "4th" line or energy / physical / personality line than can shift momentum and bring some attitude to the team was prioritized and i don't have any issue with that. look at what the isles get from their identity line. you can call them a 4th line, but they're as important to that lineup as anyone not named barzal. so if blais can combine with reaves on a line that gives us energy, and a heavy physical presence and brings an attitude to the lineup we've been missing thats a win to me.

A good 4th line is well and good but not for a guy like Buch. Plus if we don't need late firsts, we need late seconds even more.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not everything Quinn did was bad. It was just pretty evident that his time here was done and it was showing in the teams play ( to most people anyway).
I’m sure Gallant will run his course in 3-4 seasons as well. Everyone has a shelf life, even the greats get fired/ mutually terminate their deals.
It’s all going to be how the team plays and if they win or don’t with the man at the helm.
Trouba-Miller had a very solid start to last season. I can see why Gallant would try to build off that and keep them together. When Miller hit the rookie wall and trouba was injured everything went to hell. It also appears that they are close together off the ice. So at least starting the year off together makes sense until it doesn’t.
Also, even the people that disliked Quinn, didn’t roast him in his first year, especially not after him getting his first 20-30 regular season games. Let alone the preseason.

I actually remember Quinn being roasted here before the Rangers played their first game with him. He was roasted as soon as he was named the coach.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Sorry, but pre season is an excuse tbh. The football Jets looked good and were 2-0-1 in preseason and then reality set in. I think most veterans view these games as a chore and are just doing enough to get by and get ready for when it counts. You just can't take anything away from 3 preseason games aside from evaluating some of the younger guys who have a real shot at making the team like Jones or Lundkvist. I'll wait until 15-20 games in to pass judgement. I think we will see an entirely different team. As a matter of fact I am sure of it. If you want to panic after 3 games that mean nothing then go right ahead.

Apples and oranges. Why didn't the veteran heavy Islanders phone it in game 1? If the Devils put out mostly an NHL lineup why didn't they phone it in because it's "just preseason"

We aren't talking about a talent disparity problem. The biggest problem this team has is taking games off.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The Rangers will make the playoffs despite all the sky-is-falling crap here because if they don't, Gallant will have failed monumentally.

This team is much better than last season.
How do you know this team is much better without having played a single game yet?

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
While we are rationally examining this team based on 3 pre-season games, a meh Devils group just beat a mostly regular Isles squad.

So I guess what i'm trying to say is, we're gonna be dead last in the Metro confirmed

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
A good 4th line is well and good but not for a guy like Buch. Plus if we don't need late firsts, we need late seconds even more.

i get it, he's the more talented player. but he's a top 6 guy, not an elite top 6 guy...he fortifies a top 6 line, he's not what you build one around. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one - the way i would build an ideal roster would have 2 lines with serious offensive ability - preferably one more speed and skill oriented and the other more ground and pound skill, a matchup line that can skate with and apply disruptive pressure to another teams top line and bring some production / physicality, and then a hell on wheels line that brings a ton of energy and physicality and does it with an unpleasant demeanor. to me defining the 4th line as a spare parts line that plays 6 mins a night as a group of grocery sticks is archaic. like i keep bringing up with the isles a 4th line can function as an invaluable part of a roster. if thats what blais delivers we did well. and honestly, with blais skillset he brings a lot of potential utility. it wasn't long ago st louis had him on their first line...obviously he didn't take off and has been plagued with injuries and consistency issues and i'm by no means saying he becomes that here or explodes production-wise. i'm just saying acting like he's a talentless plug with no room for significant growth or lacking the talent to slide around the lineup is incorrect. he hasn't been held back by talent by any means, what he needs to prove is he can be consistent

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Help? It's Sam blais. You're acting like we got some unobtainable beast of a player. Oh yea Sam was the literal only way to get grit lol.

If you don't realize a 3rd for Reaves is a laughable amount then I guess you'd make a laughable trade too. As far as physical? No shit. Everyone knows that. As far as veteran leader? Lots of vets are available every year. In fact we traded away a 2nd just to get rid of one in Staal. Almost like there's more to a player. It's his overall flaws that lead to the analysis a 3rd was a laughable amount for him.

Listing things the front office hopes he brings doesnt justify giving what we gave.

We give up a 1st "well he is a tough vet leader "

We give up 4 1sts. "Tough vet leader"

don't think at any point i claimed he was an unobtainable beast of a player but ok good start...what i claimed is he has a skillset we don't have, which makes it fairly logical to target that type in a trade. i never said he was the only way to add it, what i said was in a limited market it was the best drury had on the table.

if you don't realize what a guy like reaves can do for a team and a locker room you've never been in a locker room. and if you'd hold onto a 3rd with a minimal chance of becoming an nhl player rather than acquiring a guy who can help now on a team that intends to win now i can't help you.

you act like buch should have returned auston matthews or trevor zegras. the market was what it was, you wanna write blais off as useless thats your deal.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don’t think Igor has had a good preseason since he joined the team. He’s a good goalie but not Henrik good. He also seems to me to be slow out of the gate.

I’m not loving Nils game so far. He made a great pass on the power play last night but after that power play 1 was absolute shit the rest of the night. The 5 on 3 was atrocious. No sustained pressure—easy clears for the Devils. That’s not all on Nils but he was as bad as the rest.

Which brings me to this—that Panarin is the left side of the Rangers brain and Fox is the right side (maybe Lafreniere or Kakko will get there too) and for now when either of those two aren’t in the lineup we’re kind of f***ed.

Reactions: CasusBelli

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
My defense now would be:

Lindgren - Fox
Jones - Trouba
Nemeth

The last 2 or 3 spots is very hard
Miller
Nils
Schneider
Hajek
Tinordi
Robertsson

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
don't think at any point i claimed he was an unobtainable beast of a player but ok good .
I like how you clearly implied he was this great return we couldn't have gotten. Then you get indignant over the specific wording and gloss over the actual point that he really isn't.

You just said so many silly things so since this is how you started I lost interest. Maybe the rest was reasonable but I doubt it. Sorry if it is but I'm out

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
How do you know this team is much better without having played a single game yet?

All the kids are a year older. Zib doesn't have Covid. Panarin doesn't have Putin. They added the missing grit and Lundqvist. If they're not better in spite of all that something else is amiss.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I like how you clearly implied he was this great return we couldn't have gotten. Then you get indignant over the specific wording and gloss over the actual point that he really isn't.

You just said so many silly things so since this is how you started I lost interest. Maybe the rest was reasonable but I doubt it. Sorry if it is but I'm out

i didn't imply anything, i said directly he was a good player who fit a role we have a need that has upside. but yea given you've just been inventing things to respond to i think we're good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad