GDT: Finland vs Germany

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Just gonna start an lazy-ass GDT for the game. As I’m on mobile right now I’m looking for my fellow board members to fill in the gaps like lineups etc :D

think it’s going to be a close one

member 305909

If you think of a soccer-match between Finland and Germany and the expected outcome of such a match it is the same with hockey but the other way round.

Having said that, some years ago in qualifications Finland caused serious trouble for Germany which was lucky to get draws when as in hockey Germany has always been a pain in the butt for Finland.

However, 75% likelihood of Finland winning this one.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Stoked for this one, hoping for a hard fought, high paced game. Making it all the way through to the semis is already a big accomplishment for Germany, so I'll just enjoy the game. Wouldn't mind some crazy upset to play Canada in the finals, though. :naughty:

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Score will be close but Finland will clearly have the upper hand in this one.

1 - 0 Or 2 - 0 for Finland.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Normally I'd just pick Finland and move on... however, the 2918 Olympics and this surge from the Germanś makes me think they can get this to OT.

I think itĺl be really close and low scoring.

Word of advice for the Germanś... don t let them score first!!!! Thatś not a fun blackhole to dig yourself out of.

Reactions: jj cale

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Sorry for being direct/butthurt, but I am so done w Germany picking up medals in tournaments where rosters, for various reasons (such as 2018 Olympics), are not high quality... Go Finland. Not that Latvia did any better this year, but still..

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Normally I'd just pick Finland and move on... however, the 2918 Olympics and this surge from the Germanś makes me think they can get this to OT.

I think itĺl be really close and low scoring.

Word of advice for the Germanś... don t let them score first!!!! Thatś not a fun blackhole to dig yourself out of.
I think this will be a close one too and yeah..................Germany will want to get that first one or the Finns will smother them.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Germany was too happy and emotional after quarterfinal win so somekind of loss of focus or mental lapse will happen... I think Finland wins 4-1

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Leggo Germany, once in a decade opportunity. Guess most likely is 2-0 or 2-1 FIN but whatever.

I just hope there won't be a Gogulla style turnover losing us this game that I'll still be traumatic about 11 years later

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
If you think of a soccer-match between Finland and Germany and the expected outcome of such a match it is the same with hockey but the other way round.

Having said that, some years ago in qualifications Finland caused serious trouble for Germany which was lucky to get draws when as in hockey Germany has always been a pain in the butt for Finland.

However, 75% likelihood of Finland winning this one.

Lol I remember that, 3-3 in Helsinki I believe with Klose scoring all 3 for us at a time where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn otherwise and people were saying he was done. Scored another six world cup goals after that.

Sorry for being direct/butthurt, but I am so done w Germany picking up medals in tournaments where rosters, for various reasons (such as 2018 Olympics), are not high quality... Go Finland. Not that Latvia did any better this year, but still..

Gotta be opportunistic :naughty: I think this holds much less water this year tho, we're missing three of ourtop five players ourselves.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Why was that shot neccessary? Super far out lame wrister from a near impossible angle instead of trying to make a play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad