WJC: Finland - Switzerland

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Dang....that happened. Swiss with all the urgency from the 2nd period on. Nice to see Biasca continue his strong year, so far.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It was a good opening game. I wouldn't say one team would play significantly better than the other, the regulation tie was fitting for what we have seen. The 3 on 3 overtime is often about one mistake, and Finland made one first.
I don't know what's your standard for ''good hockey game''.
But Finland was SHIT today. This was MILES away of good game for Finland tonight.

Reactions: Jussi

Luigi#17

May 25, 2006
Pardubice
4th line was the best for Finland. Terrible game otherwise.

Overcoached and afraid to play hockey. I blame Lämsä for this.
Not sure if you can blame the coach for atrocious first passes from the D-zone and incompetence of centermen at the dot. With that many turnovers you cannot get rhythm.

Reactions: Jussi

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Not sure if you can blame the coach for atrocious first passes from the D-zone and incompetence of centermen at the dot. With that many turnovers you cannot get rhythm.
I think that happens because of the overcoached system. Players are trying too hard to buy into a system so theyre afraid to play with their intuition at all, which leads to mistakes like that. It's not the first time that happens with Finland.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So Switzerland beat Czech, Sweden and Finland in a row, I know the two first doesn't mean much but as a Swiss it feels really good :)
Totally debunks the 'exhibition means nothing' theory. Maybe a Greece euro run is on the way!

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So Switzerland beat Czech, Sweden and Finland in a row, I know the two first doesn't mean much but as a Swiss it feels really good :)
Great for the sport as well. Love seeing Swiss, Germans etc take down the big dogs

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Vittu että Suomi oli PASKA.
Don't ask translation because i'm not that mood today.
STOP wasting Finnish tax-payers moneys and get back HOME f***ing p***yes.
Finnish hockey fed doesn't need tax payer money, they make money on their own. 13 million euro profit from the World Championships in the Spring alone.

I think that happens because of the overcoached system. Players are trying too hard to buy into a system so theyre afraid to play with their intuition at all, which leads to mistakes like that. It's not the first time that happens with Finland.
You can't blame the coach for the 3 on-ice players all going in the corner in the OT.

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Finnish hockey fed doesn't need tax payer money, they make money on their own. 13 million euro profit from the World Championships in the Spring alone.

You can't blame the coach for the 3 on-ice players all going in the corner in the OT.
The OT was a complete bumbling by the players but 3v3 is gimmicky stuff anyway so thats w/e. My issue is with the 60 minutes of real hockey that waw, in my opinion, completely miscoached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad