WJC: Finland - Switzerland

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When you look at the Finnish roster, basically they are below their usual talent level at all of F, D and G. There's some "good" players but nobody elite. Lack of playmakers at C and a stud D are really limiting what they can do.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
When you look at the Finnish roster, basically they are below their usual talent level at all of F, D and G. There's some "good" players but nobody elite. Lack of playmakers at C and a stud D are really limiting what they can do.
No shit Sherlock.
Whole freaking team is bad and coach is total nobody clown.
I'm more than surprised if even 2-3 players of this team has a NHL career into next 3-5 yrs.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Kemmell and Lambert can not be passengers for Finland like they were today.
If you haven't noticed Lambert has been passenger already 2 U20 WJC's.
And still he hasn't showed any progress or improvement as a player.

I have a feel Jets will seriously regret drafting boy named Brad Lambert in 2 yrs.
Lambert is rotten player with rotten backround and only what he'll ever be
is next Jesse Niinimäki / Teemu Riihijärvi.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Congratulations Switzerland! I can't be too mad about Finns losing 'cos the Swiss are my 2nd favourite. Beating Czechia and Sweden in the pretournament games and now a win against Finland. Maybe Switzerland goes far this year?

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
2 traditions at the spengler cup :

1. The cup is in Davos
2. Canada at least reach the final

edit : wrong discussion hahaha :sarcasm:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lol. I've yet to watch the game since we had a family meeting today but wtf happened? Did we really beat Finland with friggen Pasche in net and did friggen Jabola actually score a goal? Sounds like bollox to me:facepalm::huh::laugh:

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Lol. I've yet to watch the game since we had a family meeting today but wtf happened? Did we really beat Finland with friggen Pasche in net and did friggen Jabola actually score a goal? Sounds like bollox to me:facepalm::huh::laugh:
exactly what i thought about jabola after criticizing him ahah... Pasche played well in my opinion made some good saves

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Finnish coach is an absolute idiot. Kemell started as the 13th forward and Kiviharju isnt even activated for WJC. That is pure stupidity. Moronic.
I'm actually surprised the coaches didn't bench him. Kemell was absolutely useless. And that's a very kind description of his game. I don't think he was anywhere near 100%, probably shouldn't have played. He did absolutely nothing offensively and was -2. And he was guilty on both goals against he was on the ice for. On the first Swiss goal he lost his man and in OT he got undressed by Bichsel. It was his turnover that led to the Swiss OT winner. Finland would have been better off without Kemell. Re Kiviharju I don't know. I think he'd have been the youngest player of the tournament and right or wrong, they probably just felt like he's not just there yet. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Oh, and many thanks to the Florida Panthers for borrowing their jerseys to Team Switzerland for the WJC20. Very kind.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad