13 WEBER Gregory F

6 MAZZOLA Ryan D
19 GREUTER Noah F
2 KILCHENMANN Pascal F
23 LIECHTI Janick F

Reactions: illone84

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
For those who are watching/watch, I'm looking to know more about Kulonummi, Salin, and Laakso if anyone's willing to share moments from the game.

Fill me in with your opinions/viewings. Can't get anything to work to view the game myself, so...

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
For those who are watching/watch, I'm looking to know more about Kulonummi, Salin, and Laakso if anyone's willing to share moments from the game.

Fill me in with your opinions/viewings. Can't get anything to work to view the game myself, so...
solid puck movement by kulonummi and couple dangerous shots on powerplay. Salin jumped a swiss player after questionable tackle on Lundell.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dunno why Kulonummi is on PP1, there's no way he's anywhere near as good as a PP QB than Kiviharju. Kiviharju's so much faster and more precise with his plays. Kulonummi's so vanilla.

They better change it for next game.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Glad that Switzerland scored after Finland put out the horrible Minkkinen + Laakso pairing over Kiviharju who's played 1 shift since assisting on goal 15min ago. Well deserved.

Kiviharju still with zero mistakes the entire period(though it's only 4 shifts, gj coach).

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Wow Kiviharju has already NHL level puck movement, transition and hockey sense. Passes are hard, crisp and he procesess the game really quickly. Have not seen single bad play off him, every play have been effective. I’m really impressed about his positioning without the puck. He moves all the time and always seems to be available for a easy play. Player that makes other players around him better. Such a special talent.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wow Kiviharju has already NHL level puck movement, transition and hockey sense. Passes are hard, crisp and he procesess the game really quickly. Have not seen single bad play off him, every play have been effective. I’m really impressed about his positioning without the puck. He moves all the time and always seems to be available for a easy play. Player that makes other players around him better. Such a special talent.
Kiviharju plays much faster than any other Finnish defenseman. Also has much more precise and fast passes, out of nowhere - even one timer passes. The only other Finnish D who doesn't mess up every other time they touch the puck is Kulonummi, but as I said earlier Kulonummi is a vanilla player, does the obvious and expected move and waits for others to make plays. Kiviharju on the other hand is a constant threat.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shouldn't Kiviharju have a 3rd assist? On the 6-2 goal. The puck just bounced off a Swiss stick but never was in control. So I would call it 3 points in his first game.

Could have been more but Finnish players mostly followed the "receive pass from Kiviharju -> bumble the puck and give it away"-game plan.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shouldn't Kiviharju have a 3rd assist? On the 6-2 goal. The puck just bounced off a Swiss stick but never was in control. So I would call it 3 points in his first game.

Could have been more but Finnish players mostly followed the "receive pass from Kiviharju -> bumble the puck and give it away"-game plan.
They are terrible in this tournament of accurately counting second assists. You’re lucky if they count first assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad