Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Roster must be submitted by 3 PM on Tuesday

Final decisions loom for Bruins opening-night roster

Steve Conroy projects

FORWARDS: Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork; DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak; Kuraly-Spooner-Backes; Beleskey-Nash-Acciari. Extras: Vatrano, Schaller.

DEFENSEMEN: Zdeno Chara-Brandon Carlo; Kevan Miller-Charlie McAvoy; Grzelcyk-Adam McQuaid. Extra: Paul Postma. Injured reserve: Krug.

GOALIES: Rask, Khudobin.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would replace Backes with Pasta, let Krech have guys at his speed and they can be Horton, Lucic to a degree. Spooner needs to be with Pasta, Kuraly can keep up and bang/fore check.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Cehlarik, Heinen, and Forsbacka-Karlsson sent down to Providence.

I guess that means DeBrusk and Gryz made it.

What's going on with Czarnik? I didn't see him in the article above, but I really liked his camp.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess that means DeBrusk and Gryz made it.

What's going on with Czarnik? I didn't see him in the article above, but I really liked his camp.

The article is just a guess

I think though Czarnik is nursing an injury or something. He didnt play the last 2-3 pre season games

esmith3283

Feb 14, 2010
So this was back of the napkin, but based on the recent activity there are still two additional cuts to be made right?

1. O'Gara or Grzelcyk sent down - - maybe still thinking?
2. Czarnik still up, which means hes in some level of competition and they haven't decided, maybe between him and Vatrano? Or maybe Debrusk still isn't safe? (at least he can pass through waivers without being exposed, unlike vatrano)

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
The article is just a guess

I think though Czarnik is nursing an injury or something. He didnt play the last 2-3 pre season games

Am I missing something or did the Bruins announce it? The blast clearly states that "Sweeney has announced" etc. etc.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Also..for those who are upset with Heinen being sent down. If Debrusk/Vatrano/Beleksey aren't performing he'll be up on the big club right away. He'll have his shot.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Clearly Sweeney did not want to admit Beleskey is a bust but is letting him sink or swim. Heinen was better then him in my view. I imagine Cehlarik will eventually back after he puts in a few weeks in the AHL. It's a good thing to have too many players of equal value, it means produce or be gone. The old boys club is out, competition is king. I only hope they are fair and live by it, cut bait after 15 games, trade anyone one of them for some picks or package them.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Clearly Sweeney did not want to admit Beleskey is a bust but is letting him sink or swim. Heinen was better then him in my view. I imagine Cehlarik will eventually back after he puts in a few weeks in the AHL. It's a good thing to have too many players of equal value, it means produce or be gone. The old boys club is out, competition is king. I only hope they are fair and live by it, cut bait after 15 games, trade anyone one of them for some picks or package them.

See, this is where I have to disagree to a certain extent. I firmly believe Beleksey on the 4th line would be the ideal spot for him. Aka, Beleksey is a better 4th line option than Heinen IMO.

Obviously you trade him if you can, but why play Heinen 10 minutes a game on a grinder line when you can play him top six minutes in Providence?

Bust of a signing? Yes. Top 9 talent,? Not anymore..but assuming we don't need the cap space (aka right now) I think the PLAYER is a great option for the 4th line. At this point you're gonna have to give up something to trade him more than likely, so you might as well put him in a position to succeed.

Reactions: Dizzay

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

How is Beleskey a bust? He had a good season after getting signed and had a career year in terms of assists and points and then had a bad season where he struggled to get anything going due to injuries. So it seems more incomplete than anything.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Same... But he needs to start scoring points soon.
How is Beleskey a bust? He had a good season after getting signed and had a career year in terms of assists and points and then had a bad season where he struggled to get anything going due to injuries. So it seems more incomplete than anything.

he is on the way to bustland

because he looked the same in the preseason the way he ended last season

anybody remember who his linemates were the 1st season he played for the Bruins where he totalled up some ok stats?

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I agree that Beleskey is suited perfectly for line four. Earn your way up or out the door. Kuraly, Backes and Spooner is an improvement over last years 3rd line. Let's just hope DeBrusk can handle it. He is the key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad