GDT: FIN vs. DEN May 20, 2024

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It would probably be embarrassing for Viaplay to air the first Worlds where Finland doesn't make the playoff stage.
True. But I don't think it's about that. I feel like its mostly that we were tied for so long against Denmark..

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Ok, I understand your argument. You can be right of course. I'm rather pessimistic for Finland but maybe they surprise me and punish me with lies.
If we win this game, only getting 1 point from Switzerland would be enough too. The games against Switzerland have been very close recently. 3-2 game and some ties as well.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
If we win this game, only getting 1 point from Switzerland would be enough too. The games against Switzerland have been very close recently. 3-2 game and some ties as well.
I know, you are right. Sweden and Finland have always been difficult games for Switzerland, Sweden even more than Finland. I would be glad if Finland could reach the quarterfinal and I'm wrong. In theory, my dream final Switzerland-Finland would still be possible, but Finland would face Sweden in the quarterfinal.......And Switzerland USA or Germany.....

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I know, you are right. Sweden and Finland have always been difficult games for Switzerland, Sweden even more than Finland. I would be glad if Finland could reach the quarterfinal and I'm wrong. In theory, my dream final Switzerland-Finland would still be possible, but Finland would face Sweden in the quarterfinal.......And Switzerland USA or Germany.....
I'm not even worried about Sweden. I would be happy if we make it into the quarterfinal now. That should say everything about how Finland has played recently.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Good job Finland tomorrow... Totally fine if you want to beat the Swiss in regulation!

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Good job Finland tomorrow... Totally fine if you want to beat the Swiss in regulation!
Finland only needs to tie the game in regular time and lose in overtime to earn one point and advance to the quarterfinals. However, they cannot place higher than fourth, even if they win in regular time.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finland only needs to tie the game in regular time and lose in overtime to earn one point and advance to the quarterfinals. However, they cannot place higher than fourth, even if they win in regular time.
Yes... But a clean win guarantees the czechs second place regardless of what Canada does to us.lol

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Yes... But a clean win guarantees the czechs second place regardless of what Canada does to us.lol
Ah, I see. Wish your team good luck against Canada. It would be funny if Finlands wins in regular time and the Czechs too against Canada. Then Canada would finish the preliminary round as second while Switzerland remains third. For Switzerland it doesn't matter whether they are ranked 2nd or 3rd, first place is anyway no longer possible for Switzerland in their group and it's not a big difference if they play against the USA or Germany in the quarterfinal.

But maybe is Germany the "easier" opponent than the USA for the Czechs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad