Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Agree to disagree, it's not as if he hasn't been scoring with some regularity recently. He didn't just end a 20 game goal drought. I personally found it embarrassing, and certainly something NYR fans would chirp if the shoe were on the other foot...

It was a youth moment. He caught himself (it wasn't a full celebration), but reacting to goals joyously is automatic for a lot of players and a kid doesn't always have the presence of mind to stop himself. I doubt we'll see it again from him.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It was a youth moment. He caught himself (it wasn't a full celebration), but reacting to goals joyously is automatic for a lot of players and a kid doesn't always have the presence of mind to stop himself. I doubt we'll see it again from him.
I'm hoping that is the case. I'm not crushing him for it, as my original post was that I just wasn't a fan of it and the post you quoted was a response to the person defending it.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Agree to disagree, it's not as if he hasn't been scoring with some regularity recently. He didn't just end a 20 game goal drought. I personally found it embarrassing, and certainly something NYR fans would chirp if the shoe were on the other foot...
He didn’t end a drought, but he’s a guy who did start the season in the minors and he’s trying to show the team he’s a solution and not a problem

Reactions: Chytilmania

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
He didn’t end a drought, but he’s a guy who did start the season in the minors and he’s trying to show the team he’s a solution and not a problem
He does that by scoring 6 goals in 8 games, not a celly on an 8 2 goal. Again, I am not crushing him for it, just something I noticed that I wasn't a fan of...

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
It's always enjoyable to read excerpts for the "unwritten book of hockey rules" (which doesn't seem to have been updated since its first non-publishing in 1963).
Much like it's always interesting (and a little sad) to see people getting annoyed that others are celebrating minor achievements in their chosen profession...

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
I understand that in the context of them getting blown out it would have inappropriate to celebrate as if the team hadn't been embarrassing themselves all night, but where is the line with this stuff? I don't think anything about that fist pump was bordering on/about to delve into immaturity.

Is Chytil allowed to score a goal, skate over to his teammates and animatedly start yelling "c'mon boys lets go, let's keep it moving!" to try to build something positive out of the wreckage or does he have to look like he's on Lunesta the rest of the night because they are most likely not going to score 7 goals and come back.

Again, I understand that we don't want to see our young players carry themselves in an immature way but I think it comes down to either it is or it isn't and nothing about that fist pump (IMO) was off base. I respect anyone who sees it differently, but I feel like emotion policing is just another one of those things in hockey culture that can be taken too far sometimes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I understand that in the context of them getting blown out it would have inappropriate to celebrate as if the team hadn't been embarrassing themselves all night, but where is the line with this stuff? I don't think anything about that fist pump was bordering on/about to delve into immaturity.

Is Chytil allowed to score a goal, skate over to his teammates and animatedly start yelling "c'mon boys lets go, let's keep it moving!" to try to build something positive out of the wreckage or does he have to look like he's on Lunesta the rest of the night because they are most likely not going to score 7 goals and come back.

Again, I understand that we don't want to see our young players carry themselves in an immature way but I think it comes down to either it is or it isn't and nothing about that fist pump (IMO) was off base. I respect anyone who sees it differently, but I feel like emotion policing is just another one of those things in hockey culture that can be taken too far sometimes.

Since when is Chytil an Alberta native that grew up on a farm?

Reactions: CaptTennille

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I would chirp, and then I'd be rightfully reminded that he's just a kid. It's clear Filip has worked a ton on his game the last year, he should enjoy the rewards.

SeasonAgeTmLgGPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%TSACF%ATOIFOWFOLFO%BLKHITTKGVAwards
2019-2020NYRNHL86175060021001637.52252.216:43274338.65041
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
We really complaining about a fist pump? It's not like he was dancing over his stick being too hot or skeet shooting his glove.

Why dont you watch the NFL. Game could be 40 to 0 and they will celebrate like the score means something. You know? Because it is hard to score in the best league in the world (respective sports).

Reactions: Rongomania

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
So great seeing chytil's progression, but I could've done without the fist pump on the 8 2 goal. LOL at Joe saying he was slashed on the play and shaking his hand.
This was nothing. If it were like an nfl player doing a dance after a tackle for loss when down by 20 that'd be one thing but it wasnt even in the same stratosphere

Reactions: jas

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ive brought up Matt Barzal a lot when I’ve talked about Chytil’s ability to carry the puck and shayna just posted a great chart here showing where he compares in zone entries due to his ability to skate the puck and make plays. This is a tremendous weapon to have at center ice for this franchise.

Attachments

• 1D97FD39-B6AA-41C0-984D-08E54D4C1A16.jpeg
    1D97FD39-B6AA-41C0-984D-08E54D4C1A16.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad