Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I'm okay with that. I just do not think correlation equals causation. The right wings we have tried have not been huge successes in those same seasons elsewhere. Vesey, Wheeler, and KK have not looked like top 6 wings on any line this season. Mika has had a tough time scoring at even strength this season. CK has not.
Chris’ EV points are up this year but his EV goals are down by 5. Though he looks disinterested at times, you are right, Mika is really the problem there not Chris. As far as wings we’ve tried, Fil is already among them. The others haven’t looked like top six wings partly because the only top six time they’ve gotten is WITH 20-93… and NOBODY has looked like a top six wing there for three years…

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
How much does a healthy Chytil improve this team?

Depth increases for sure. I think his skating alone helps the overall intensity of this team.
I remember him being among the league leaders in zone entries. That already adds value if he centers Cuyle and Kakko. Push Wennberg down, and Goodrow to the wing.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
They're NOT going to play him if he isn't "healthy". Thing is, how "up to speed" will he be? Bound to be "less than", but still would be a welcome addition. Just keep him off the dots.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
If Filda is healthy, he would be a gigantic boost for this team.
Yes but he has also missed most of the season so you cannot expect him to step in and play at a high level. It takes a while to adapt to the speed of the game not to mention playoff hockey is a level higher in all aspects.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes but he has also missed most of the season so you cannot expect him to step in and play at a high level. It takes a while to adapt to the speed of the game not to mention playoff hockey is a level higher in all aspects.
His “low” level of play will still be better than Rosv in the lineup.

Reactions: Kords

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
How much does a healthy Chytil improve this team?

Depth increases for sure. I think his skating alone helps the overall intensity of this team.

a lot. he has a good shot and can score at 5on5. a huge addition.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Chris’ EV points are up this year but his EV goals are down by 5. Though he looks disinterested at times, you are right, Mika is really the problem there not Chris. As far as wings we’ve tried, Fil is already among them. The others haven’t looked like top six wings partly because the only top six time they’ve gotten is WITH 20-93… and NOBODY has looked like a top six wing there for three years…
That is where our opinions differ. I do not think a player has to play top 6 to show he cam be a top 6 player nor do I think a player playing in the top 6 will look like a top 6 player if they are not one. When Crosby double shifts on the 4th line he still looks like a top line player. When Vesey plays on a top line he does not look like a top line player. Kaako in the past played with Bread. Some people posted that Bread did not want to play with him. I would love to be able to say Rozi, Kaako, and Vesey are top line players. So far that has not been the case and not just with Zibs and CK.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That is where our opinions differ. I do not think a player has to play top 6 to show he cam be a top 6 player nor do I think a player playing in the top 6 will look like a top 6 player if they are not one. When Crosby double shifts on the 4th line he still looks like a top line player. When Vesey plays on a top line he does not look like a top line player. Kaako in the past played with Bread. Some people posted that Bread did not want to play with him. I would love to be able to say Rozi, Kaako, and Vesey are top line players. So far that has not been the case and not just with Zibs and CK.
Okay, but Cosby isn’t merely a top 6 player the guy is f***ing GENERATIONAL. Plus, he’s getting 4th line minutes IN ADDITION to his normal 1st line shift. A normal top sixer is NOT going to look like that. Especially ONLY getting 4th line minutes. Apples and Oranges, IMO. Fil often looked like a top six forward playing third line with Kakko and Laf who were struggling, but was irrelevant on the wing with 20-93.

Reactions: CasusBelli

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
The thought of Chytil coming back (maybe ever) blows my mind. Tell me this is not some BS reporting,

Edit for spelling.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The thought of Chytil coming back (maybe ever) blows my mind. Tell me this is not some BS reporting,

Edit for spelling.
He's practicing with the team and is cleared for full contact.

Who knows when he will actually play, how effective he will be, or if he can stay healthy. All we can do is hope for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad