Recalled/Assigned: Filip Chytil & Lias Andersson

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Makar and mittelstadt probably go ahead of him as wel
I really don't see how Mittelstadt looks better in any way. He's older and in the NCAA. He has a higher ppg .88 compared to .68 for Chytil. Obviously higher ppg is better, but if the .68 is in the AHL compared to the .88 in NCAA and the AHL player is even younger, I don't know how thats any contest.

And even for NCAA comparisons - didn't Eichel put up like 70+ points in 40 something games as a freshman? He's a solid NHLer but not an elite player yet and he was significantly more productive than Mittlestadt as college freshman.

I really don't get the Mittlestadt hype levels. Is it that he's flashy and did well in the WJC? I don't see anything in his numbers to justify the way he's regarded.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I really don't see how Mittelstadt looks better in any way. He's older and in the NCAA. He has a higher ppg .88 compared to .68 for Chytil. Obviously higher ppg is better, but if the .68 is in the AHL compared to the .88 in NCAA and the AHL player is even younger, I don't know how thats any contest.

And even for NCAA comparisons - didn't Eichel put up like 70+ points in 40 something games as a freshman? He's a solid NHLer but not an elite player yet and he was significantly more productive than Mittlestadt as college freshman.

I really don't get the Mittlestadt hype levels. Is it that he's flashy and did well in the WJC? I don't see anything in his numbers to justify the way he's regarded.
Mittelstadt got all the hype in the world after the WJC. I think someone called him the king of all prospects the other day in a he buffalo GDT.

I think that hype would cause him to get drafted over chytil.. chytil is still relatively unknown league wide.

Reactions: haveandare

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
"Cody has done some good things since signing here. We like what he brings to the forecheck and think he'll be able to create some space for the kids. He's a straight line kind of player. We also want to make sure that the kids play with confidence, and having Cody on the ice with them will do that"
- AV at around 5pm today

Reactions: Inferno

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
pxAK_f-maxage-0.gif

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
They'll be able to keep them away from the Ovechkin line tonight.

Anderson should PK, Chytil should replace Names on PP unit 1.

Leave the KZF line together. Spread out the other three.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Mittelstadt got all the hype in the world after the WJC. I think someone called him the king of all prospects the other day in a he buffalo GDT.

I think that hype would cause him to get drafted over chytil.. chytil is still relatively unknown league wide.
Maybe if HF were doing the drafting. I think actual professional scouts and GMs (so not counting MTL or Dallas) would take the younger guy who has thrived at the higher level.

His NCAA numbers are closer to Stepan than to Eichel, who himself isn't the superstar they like to pretend he is.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Oh man more overrated-ness? Come on now.

‘Flip-for-a-3rd’ Chytil and Loser ‘head-in-the-sAnd’ersson amirite? Oh wait these guys were first rounders? Nickname cancel sorry guys.

Lol in actuality I can’t wait to see what teenagers bring to the big show!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
.....well Chytil's been rocked up high at least 2-3 times this year.

Yup, this is what I was referring too. These should've been a good lesson for Filip going forward (though it didn't help Anisimov when he came up and had quite a few hits because he was stick-handling with his head down)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
"Cody has done some good things since signing here. We like what he brings to the forecheck and think he'll be able to create some space for the kids. He's a straight line kind of player. We also want to make sure that the kids play with confidence, and having Cody on the ice with them will do that"
- AV at around 5pm today
If by "kids" you mean Buch, spot on sir, spot on.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Datsyuk is a one off. An alien.

Whenever a prospect gets compared to him stylistically, I tend to lean towards the source not being reliable.
I remember reading a story about Datsyuk playing hockey as a kid and the teams could only afford one puck, so practice was essentially a giant game of keep away if you wanted to work on any skill

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad