Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
As the prospect rankings are wrapping up, I thought I'd do a little activity to see what we all expect from our prospects.

Select the poll option that is closest to what you see as the players potential.

#4 - Filip Chlapik

If you think Chlapik will be a winger, select NHL winger AND another option (i.e if you think Chlapik will be a 35 point winger, select options NHL Winger and #3C). Otherwise, please select only one option.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
On a team with Turris, Pageau, Brown, White, Bowers and Paul in the organization, he probably ends playing wing for us.

He's really talented, has above average IQ, has great vision and playmaking ability and a rocket of a wrister. Realistically I see him as a 40-50P winger on a scoring line, with a 50-60P ceiling and an AHLer downside.

Looking like a fantastic pick in the late 2nd. Glad he put that disaster of a year behind him.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I think he'll be a second-third line tweener

Same. I think a Pageau level impact will be realistic for him (while playing a less physical, more cerebral game). ~35 point 3rd line player who plays ~ 2nd line minutes but is able to step up into a top 6 role and play quite well in a pinch (and, as such, will have some seasons with slightly inflated offensive totals).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think White is ahead of Chlapik developmentally. I think Chlapik is ahead of Brown and ahead of Bowers at the current time. I think his upside is a 2C but he could end up as a 3C. They all could end up on the wing for while. I am really looking forward to see how these guys pan out.

Reactions: Cosmix

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think White is ahead of Chlapik developmentally. I think Chlapik is ahead of Brown and ahead of Bowers at the current time. I think his upside is a 2C but he could end up as a 3C. They all could end up on the wing for while. I am really looking forward to see how these guys pan out.

I agree.

I think Chlapik is a solid bet to be at the very least a 3C and I think he could become a 2C. I don't see that much risk in his game, he's a well rounded player.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

I agree with everything you say here. Chlapik has polish to his game and I think he could see NHL games as early as this season. Real excited to see him in the pros.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Plays like a bigger Cory Stillman. Has the same skating style, sees the ice and reads plays like Stillman used to, and slows the play down like Stillman with button hooks and cutting towards Center rather than straight down the boards.

He has everything you'd want in a playmaker. Excellent vision, hard on the puck, creates space, and has a shot that the team needs to respect.

I see a top 6 player when all is said and done, his game suits the NHL perfectly. He's not a North-South speedster, anyone expecting that is in for disappointment.

He controlled the ice and flow of the game at the Q level similar to Backstrom in Washington right now.

Sens had him ranked much higher, which just makes me question how they had Gagne so high.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Plays like a bigger Cory Stillman. Has the same skating style, sees the ice and reads plays like Stillman used to, and slows the play down like Stillman with button hooks and cutting towards Center rather than straight down the boards.

He has everything you'd want in a playmaker. Excellent vision, hard on the puck, creates space, and has a shot that the team needs to respect.

I see a top 6 player when all is said and done, his game suits the NHL perfectly. He's not a North-South speedster, anyone expecting that is in for disappointment.

He controlled the ice and flow of the game at the Q level similar to Backstrom in Washington right now.

Sens had him ranked much higher, which just makes me question how they had Gagne so high.

Thanks for the quick scouting report on his style, do you think he'd translate to the wing well, or is in Center or bust for him? I know Stillman mostly played wing, so if he plays like that, I'm hoping he has that versatility as well, since we have a lot of Centers in the system.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Thanks for the quick scouting report on his style, do you think he'd translate to the wing well, or is in Center or bust for him? I know Stillman mostly played wing, so if he plays like that, I'm hoping he has that versatility as well, since we have a lot of Centers in the system.

His game translates well to the wing, he is very good at setting up plays coming off the boards and opening up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If he is a Winger, would he be comparable to a poor man's Alfredsson?

rose-colored-glasses-dan-holm.jpg

Why no :sarcasm:t

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he is a Winger, would he be comparable to a poor man's Alfredsson?

In the same way that a Fiero is a poor man's Bugatti Chiron?

I'll be honest though, any time someone mentions button hooks, I think of Alfie entering the zone.

I did see a draft year comparison to Voracek though, that would be a nice development path... even if it's a tad unrealistic.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'll be honest though, any time someone mentions button hooks, I think of Alfie entering the zone.

I did see a draft year comparison to Voracek though, that would be a nice development path... even if it's a tad unrealistic.

I find the style of his play more like Backstrom or Krejci , more low tempo than Voracek,

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Uh... What does poor man's means to you?

And wouldn't red colored glasses means that you see blood everywhere?

If Alfie is a Chiron and Chlapik a Fiero, then I'm not sure we have a NHL player there.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

We desperately need a guy who does that. Seems most of our forwards are allergic to the center of the ice most games.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Uh... What does poor man's means to you?

And wouldn't red colored glasses means that you see blood everywhere?

If Alfie is a Chiron and Chlapik a Fiero, then I'm not sure we have a NHL player there.

You can get a kit to make your Fiero look like a Ferrari;

0bdac92969d13b4b44e069b3dbb8b12b--ferrari-replica-pontiac-fiero.jpg

Maybe if we develop him properly, our Fiero (Chlapik) can look like a Ferrari too.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can get a kit to make your Fiero look like a Ferrari;

0bdac92969d13b4b44e069b3dbb8b12b--ferrari-replica-pontiac-fiero.jpg

Maybe if we develop him properly, our Fiero (Chlapik) can look like a Ferrari too.

:laugh:

Of course if you put an additional 30 000$ on a car it will look great!

haha it makes me think when I was a kid, my father had a Renault Alpine

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Somewhere between Plekanec & Krejci I would guess.

You mean mikko koivu(lite:))?

Actually I think all 3 are a little high expectations for Chlapik.
Maybe a combo of krejci and plekanec lites

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad