Fight Night in Columbus Foligno vs. Khaira and Dubinsky vs. Kassian

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Win Foligno, he's a tough dude. Underrated in the fighting department. He's got a few good TKO's.

Kassian with the standing TKO. Duby was done after the first punch and bailed... understandable.

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
Kharia did not embarrass himself in a loss to Foligno.

Kassian got that first good punch in and it was over.

I like all four of these guys to be honest with you.

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
Kharia did not embarrass himself in a loss to Foligno.

Kassian got that first good punch in and it was over.

I like all four of these guys to be honest with you.

Dubi has a fractured orbital bone.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Foligno with a dominating victory. Good on the kid for jumping on Foligno and pulling him out of the pile to stand in for his less physical teammates but I don't think he knew what he was getting into. Foligno fed him jabs, then caught him with the nice right that the kid basically turtles after wanting no more, ripped the helmet and hammer fisted the shit out of him for not going down for fighting, and in the live feed but I missed in the sportsnet video was a BEAUTIFUL uppercut.

Side not Foligno is the most underrated fighter in the league. Only fights in heat of the moment and when nessasary but has knocked out legit heavyweights and I don't remember a fight he has been in that wasn' a draw or win since being on the CBJ. Great captain.

Dubi got caught by one of the last enforcers in the league and one I've seen his off-season training in MMA he is no joke with the hands. I want to state nothing dirty at all with the fight, both willing, shit happens. That being said I don't know how it wasn' instigating with him skating from the side to the dot directly after the faceoff and basically held him until he dropped. Yes he dropped first or could have skated away but that doesn't take away from what the instigator rule is and was intended for AND was in the final 2 minutes which is a big no no or at least I thought.

Side note I also like how people say he should have skated away or why would he think he could fight him and then say he's a fake tough guy who never picks on real tough guys... He just did that and you criticize him for it haha. Dubi is NOT a good fighter at all I'll agree to that all day but people hate that he's a physical player and trash talks and that makes him dirty or a fake tough guy. Not all players who play physical and 2 way are "fake tough guys" or dirty. I can find more evidence of Sidney Crosby being dirty over Dubi.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Foligno with a dominating victory. Good on the kid for jumping on Foligno and pulling him out of the pile to stand in for his less physical teammates but I don't think he knew what he was getting into. Foligno fed him jabs, then caught him with the nice right that the kid basically turtles after wanting no more, ripped the helmet and hammer fisted the **** out of him for not going down for fighting, and in the live feed but I missed in the sportsnet video was a BEAUTIFUL uppercut.

Side not Foligno is the most underrated fighter in the league. Only fights in heat of the moment and when nessasary but has knocked out legit heavyweights and I don't remember a fight he has been in that wasn' a draw or win since being on the CBJ. Great captain.

Dubi got caught by one of the last enforcers in the league and one I've seen his off-season training in MMA he is no joke with the hands. I want to state nothing dirty at all with the fight, both willing, **** happens. That being said I don't know how it wasn' instigating with him skating from the side to the dot directly after the faceoff and basically held him until he dropped. Yes he dropped first or could have skated away but that doesn't take away from what the instigator rule is and was intended for AND was in the final 2 minutes which is a big no no or at least I thought.

Side note I also like how people say he should have skated away or why would he think he could fight him and then say he's a fake tough guy who never picks on real tough guys... He just did that and you criticize him for it haha. Dubi is NOT a good fighter at all I'll agree to that all day but people hate that he's a physical player and trash talks and that makes him dirty or a fake tough guy. Not all players who play physical and 2 way are "fake tough guys" or dirty. I can find more evidence of Sidney Crosby being dirty over Dubi.
Kassian is not an enforcer, and he’s not even that good of a fighter

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Kassian is not an enforcer, and he’s not even that good of a fighter
Kassian isn't employed to score goals... He is what the league's current version of what's left of enforcers. He is only there to protect Drai and McDavid. Go watch his off-season MMA training video from when he was a Canuck? I think it was. The kid can fight. He might not be at the level of a Beiksa, Foligno, Reeves, or the ilk but he is better then 75% of guys who will throw down.

Edit to add... that was probably the least important thing in the post. The only thing I said about him was he should have got the instigator but nothing about his play or him as a person/player. In fact I complimented his fighting skills. So I'm confused where you were going with that.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Kassian isn't employed to score goals... He is what the league's current version of what's left of enforcers. He is only there to protect Drai and McDavid. Go watch his off-season MMA training video from when he was a Canuck? I think it was. The kid can fight. He might not be at the level of a Beiksa, Foligno, Reeves, or the ilk but he is better then 75% of guys who will throw down.

Edit to add... that was probably the least important thing in the post. The only thing I said about him was he should have got the instigator but nothing about his play or him as a person/player. In fact I complimented his fighting skills. So I'm confused where you were going with that.

He's not employed to punch people either. I think Maroon, Lucic, and Nurse all are much better fighters.

We employ him because we think he's a quality role player, not to be an enforcer. Have no need for an enforcer... literally that's 50 minutes a night we have a tougher player on the ice between Nurses 25 minutes a night and 15 minutes a side to Looch / Maroon.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He's not employed to punch people either. I think Maroon, Lucic, and Nurse all are much better fighters.

We employ him because we think he's a quality role player, not to be an enforcer. Have no need for an enforcer... literally that's 50 minutes a night we have a tougher player on the ice between Nurses 25 minutes a night and 15 minutes a side to Looch / Maroon.
Maroon and Nurse are actual hockey players though. And Lucic had the reputation of being one in like 2012. Kassian is a recovering drug addict that is known for his gritty play and standing up for teammates. Maroon can fight well. Nurse jumps guys and I don't respect that... I don't know many people who watch hockey that would say Kassian is paid to score or playmake.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Dubinsky has always been a terrible fighter. Should have just skated away

Kassian isn't a goon. More of a all tools/no box guy.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Maroon and Nurse are actual hockey players though. And Lucic had the reputation of being one in like 2012. Kassian is a recovering drug addict that is known for his gritty play and standing up for teammates. Maroon can fight well. Nurse jumps guys and I don't respect that... I don't know many people who watch hockey that would say Kassian is paid to score or playmake.

What? Who has Nurse jumped?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, there was no need in jumping Polak. You could easily beat him up by squaring off with him anyway. Guy gets TKO'd every second fight.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, Polak sucks at fighting when he isn't going with the Justin Braun's of the world. That said, he shouldn't have even had to fight just because the Oilers got mad that Hendricks blew a tire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad