Kings News: Fiala to for 2022 first-round pick and Brock Faber

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm guessing we move Iafallo and Walker if we need the cap space. I doubt Vilardi's on the team next year either.

Reactions: YP44

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Guessing this takes them out of a Chychrun deal without their draft pick pick.
Turcotte, Vilardi, Bjornfot, Grans, etc. Could still happen, but yeah, probably not. Maybe something around Soucy? JAD + 2nd?

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I absolutely love the move, and the Kings and Wild were perfect trading partners. We get a 25 year old goal scorer (which for me was our biggest offseason need), for a relatively cheap costs (a mid 1st round pick and a good young RHD, which we are stacked at).

Now to get a LHD, and we have assets to move for it. I also think Iafallo will be moved. Not because he sucks, but because his cap money can be used to offset the acquired LHD.

Last edited:

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
There go my dreams of Lucic. Big extension. This is fine. Cost wasn't all that much.

Team has about 600k left to work with. Guessing Lemieux replaced with a cheaper face smasher & Walker swapped for someone like Logan Stanley making 900k

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Not that worried about the cap. Should be a large jump once escrow is paid off.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
He was my #1 target due to acquisition cost and he can create on his own. I don't see him as a good fit with Kopitar unless it gets him to shoot the puck.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Don’t like this trade at all. Why trade for Fiala when you can just splash in on free agency. Original take is that this not a good trade to lose Fabre and a first round. But hope to be proven wrong
Because they'd probably end up signing someone not as good as him to the same contract.

Reactions: cyclones22

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
There go my dreams of Lucic. Big extension. This is fine. Cost wasn't all that much.

Team has about 600k left to work with. Guessing Lemieux replaced with a cheaper face smasher & Walker swapped for someone like Logan Stanley making 900k
Wait.. we only have 600k?

Don't we need to sign .. Kempe? And like.. everyone else?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I feel like my posts on this deal are definitely going to bite me as time moves on. At first I was happy, than mad at the cap, now I'm ok with the gamble but he needs to produce for sure.

Reactions: yankeeking

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Because they'd probably end up signing someone not as good as him to the same contract.
I don’t think the difference between Filip Forsberg and Fiala is Faber who’s undoubtedly going to be a top 4 dman and a 19 OA. Forsberg was asking for like 8.2 million. 300k difference. Don’t know about this one. Don’t think he’s a bad player, but I feel like free agency and keeping faber would have been amazing.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don’t think the difference between Filip Forsberg and Fiala is Faber who’s undoubtedly going to be a top 4 dman and a 19 OA. Forsberg was asking for like 8.2 million. 300k difference. Don’t know about this one. Don’t think he’s a bad player, but I feel like free agency and keeping faber would have been amazing.
And what if Forsberg re-signs with Nashville?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Wait.. we only have 600k?

Don't we need to sign .. Kempe? And like.. everyone else?
That's with a filled out roster of RFA's & Kempe at 5.5M. Sorry didn't make that clear.

Point I was making is cheap LD & Walker probably moved unless something big moved.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

You have to, you know…sign Forsberg!

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Whoa!

If Faber wasn't going to sign (and he probably wasn't since he hasn't signed yet) then he had to be traded. I am good with this.

Blake has said if someone meets his trade price, he will pull the trigger immediately rather than wait to try to get a better deal.

Any reaction from the Kings players like Doughty?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad