Fhl shocker - outlaws fold!

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
This is one that really peaked my interest....

According to Williamsport Outlaws team sources the non-profit organization that runs the ice rink at Bowman Field owed Outlaws owner Kristin Rooney an undisclosed amount of money believed to be $65,000. The funds were to pay for the completion of the rink.

The non-profit group which is headed up by Federal Hockey League Commisioner Don Kirnan was also in charge of the concession stand at Bowman Field; owed portions of revenue to the Outlaws as well as money to the City of Williamsport for outstanding utilities totaling in excess of $50,000.

Sources also indicated that the non-profit group expressed to city leaders there intention of not paying the outstading utilities.

In response, city leaders relayed to Outlaws Owner Kristin Rooney and Federal Hockey League Commisioner Don Kirnan that unless the bills were paid no ice arena would be built.

After hearing that, Outlaws Owner Kristin Rooney informed Federal Hockey League Commisioner Don Kirnan that if there was no arena in Williamsport to play in and the Federal Hockey League still owed her money, then she was not going to spend additional funds estimated to be $100,000 for the Outlaws to complete the season.

Yesterday the final Outlaws home game scheduled for 1:05 p.m. against the 1000 Islands Privateers was cancelled and the team ceased all operations.

Sources close to the situation have indicated the likelyhood of litigation in this matter.

This is why the FHL will fail... not the fact that its A-level hockey. It the pathetic morons like Don Kirnan that's the reason for bungled cluster***** of calamity and I truly hope that these knuckleheads especially Kirnan gets what he has coming to him and that Rooney litigates this to the fullest extent.

Outlaws and FHL stiff Williamsport>>>>>

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Around the same time as Dayton was checking in, a call erupted over the Sun Gazette's police scanner. Once hearing the call was for a bus fire in the Genetti parking lot, everybody grabbed their jackets and ran for the back of the building.

Initially, all that could be seen was a small light peaking its way out of the bus as black smoke filled the interior. Once around the back side, though, a much more vivid scene developed. The flames, which at one point looked like a small flashlight beam trying to escape through the smoke, reached out and chewed a sizable hole in the right side of the bus.

Just then, the line of Dayton players became visible. One leaned over to his teammate and said, "Welcome to the FHL" as the bus burned 20 yards away.
Classic... It's sad when the players even realize they are the punchline.

Link>>>>

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just sad, really. I used to work for the now-defunct Schaumburg Flyers, an independent baseball team in the also defunct Northern League, and I'm sensing a lot of similarities between the FHL and the ownership of the Flyers. Essentially, he had a "spend nothing on anything" policy, which lead to the team not even spending so much as a single cent on advertising, meaning that the team had among the smallest crowds in the league despite being in a fairly well off and well-populated area that had a proven record of supporting the team in the past.

I say "among the smallest crowds," because the same owner also owned the Lake County Fielders, a team even more horribly run than the Flyers and who played in a glorified high school sandlot as their stadium construction never got off the ground.

The combined failures of the Flyers and the Fielders effectively killed the Northern League, causing all the other decently run teams to bolt for the American Association. The village of Schaumburg even locked the owners out off the ballpark for massive late payments, eventually leading to a new team opening up shop in a different league and, thanks to no ****ty management, actually managed to put up a good record and solid attendance in their first year in.

Feel bad for the players and staff that mostly got tangled up in this mess.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Usually I hate to see any hockey team fold. In this case, I want to see te whole league rolled up. The FHL gives hockey a bad name!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad